1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Caron Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Jul 11, 2004.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Rudy on the Lakers bench and Fox in a Rockets uni... Ugh, the world is going to heck in a handbasket.

2. Phizz3l

Phizz3l Contributing Member

I know Odom played the 4 in Miami, but don't you think they Odom would get his a$$ handed to him when he player Duncan, KG, and so on?

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Lamar Odom was a serviceable power forward for the Heat last season. He held his own on defense for the most part and ran circles around almost all of the PF's on offense. I saw an interview with him after the Pacers-Heat series and He said he liked the PF spot, but that it was his first year and he really didn't understand how tough it was to play PF until he had to face these guys every night. He was sore every game but He said he would make it his goal to bulk up in the off-season and he would be better prepared next year. If that Happens I think Odom could be a Top PF in the west and if Malone comes back I can assure he will learn alot from him. As far as Grant at Center yes he is small but if you remember correctly Grant gave Yao fits when they matched up. Even though he is small. The only Center I saw him have problems with was Shaq.

So even with the loss of Shaq I still think the Lakers with Kobe being the Goto Man could be a serious Contender for the west along with SA, MIN, and our own Rockets. I don't see much difference between those four and I see Dallas and Sac take a drop down. Maybe Memphis and Denver could even jump ahead of them.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Debunking the Odom can't play PF in the West myth

Fact: Lamar Odom played PF last year.
    Fact: It was his first year at full time PF.
    Fact: The West has better quality PFs than the lEast.
    Fact: Lamar Odom averaged 17.1 pts, 9.7 rbs, and 4.1 ast last year to go along with about a block and a steal per game.

Fiction: Lamar Odom will "Get eaten alive" in the West.
    Fiction: Lamar Odom is not big enough to play PF in the West.

Odoms stats vs the West last year:

17.9 pts 10.9 rbs 4.3 ast

Oddly, his worst averages against any team is actually Utah, where he went 10 pts 7rbs and 2.5 ast in 2 games.

Odom is 6'10" and 225 lbs. He doesn't have to get too much bigger. KG is a 6'11" 245 lbs athletic freak who uses his jumping and quickness and lenght to all its advantages.

Odom is no KG. But no one other than KG is KG.

Odom supposedly is getter bigger. If he gets better, the West should fear Odom, not vice versa.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Odom only started at PF on a part-time basis. If I believe correctly, Udonis Haslem had more starts at PF than Odom. Malik Allen snuck in a few starts as well.