1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo's Rough Season Continues

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Mar 15, 2005.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Denver Post Link

Now George Karl, who had some thinly veiled (but polite) comments about Anthony (passing, rebounding, defense deficiencies) on PTI a week or two back, has now benched Anthony a few times in the fourth quarters of games, something Carmelo hasn't taken well.

Last night Karl threw in these comments:
    "Carmelo's a good kid," Karl said. "He has great basketball skills. But the consistency, the professionalism and the commitment on a daily basis and a daily game basis ... It's not him."

What's this smack more of, Anthony's effort, or a typical example of Karl dissing his stars?

Evan

#1 emjohn, Mar 15, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Karl trying to get Anthony to be a professional day in and day out.

3. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Tough love is exactly what Anthony needs. He was turning into Glenn Robinson Redux. If Karl can get through to him then he can be great.

4. foodworld

foodworld Member

I think his ankle problems are contributing to his lousy season more than anything else, and the fact that the Nuggets have zero outside shooting, allowing teams to just lock him down. I think he'll return to form next season.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Exactly. Carmelo has been nothing but a punk since he's come in the league. The guy has the talent to be great, but he doesn't play hard-doesn't play defense-and has a terrible attitude about it.

6. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Pallillo (my personal favourite) had said last year that picking Carmelo over Yao would have been an easy choice (while he's not a homer, i'm sure being from "the Cuse" blinded his judgement Charlie's judgement).

Hey Charlie......... you like oranges?

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You forgot to sign your post ~ what do I win?

;)