1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmeloooo is backkkk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 14, 2019.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

it’s also really shameful that you gifted the 2018 championship to the warriors. and now you’re bending over backwards to lebron/rich paul and doing everything they tell you to do. stop rigging the league for once. worst commish in all of sports.

2. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

(i know you’re not really him btw)

juanm34 likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2 games not a good sample size make
    also the highlights i was watching were mostly in garbage time vs garbage teams

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What? That's really Adam Silver. And I thought you were really Clutch The Bear.

everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  5. HardLin

HardLin Member

I see his highlights and he indeed looks friskier. But what I also see are a steady diet of post-ups and fade-away long 2s.

We don't do that here. Especially for someone like Melo with below average efficiency.

You'll also see that for the last 5 years at least, the defensive strategy has always been to leave him with single coverage.

Defenses are so sure it's best to let him do his low efficiency chucking. The last thing you want to do is double him to force him to pass.

Yes, there is an occasional game we're he'll score a lot, since basketball is a high variance game.

But that's fools gold, over the long term he's a net negative on both sides of the floor.

He's perfect for Portland though. He's great for a team that's not contending, but also not tanking. He'll help fill the seats with an occasional great game. And the net negative drag he exerts the other 90% of the time won't get noticed, and won't matter.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m a Melo fan so I like seeing him the league. I think he deserves to be in the nba he’s still one of the 400 best players.

but he’s not a real contributor for a team trying to win a chip unless he wants to ride the bench and play spot minutes every now and then.

7. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Melo is more than a role player. And if you don't use his post up game and one on one play, you're wasting him. Like I said, when the Rockets were missing 27 threes in a row, it wouldn't have hurt to have Melo in the game to throw it to in the post.

Bearded13 likes this.
  8. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

How did I gift the 2018 championship to the Warriors? I didn't make your team miss 27 straight three pointers. That's all there is to say on that.

9. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

The Blazers are very much contending. They've been hurt by injuries and the most brutal schedule, but people are getting healthier, Melo is playing well, and Nurkic and maybe Collins are on the way. Plus, Bazemore's contract plus some of their young guys are attractive for a midseason trade.

As for the Rockets, like I said, maybe a couple post ups would be better than bricking 27 straight three pointers.

PrettyEdward likes this.
  10. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Is anybody on the Rockets a real contributor for a team trying to win the chip? I haven't seen it.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Whose ever idea was to put Thabo at the 4...... Melo is much stronger. It makes Sefolosha look like a weak old man.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what is this "your team" ??? :rolleyes:

13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

“Most Brutal Schedule” apparently means 20th hardest schedule in league.

If that’s brutal, what do you call The 3rd hardest schedule in the league...because that’s what Portland has the rest of the season.

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What a bunch of nonsense. Melo had a couple "solid" games when he was here too, who cares? The overall product is bad. He's not good anymore, he is terrible on defense, and he's not a net positive on the court.

Why would making post ups during that stretch have been any more useful than all the made layups, free throws, and floaters that we had during that stretch?

15. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Stay up to date

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

This forum is still in denial. We dumped melo before we even gave it a real chance. 10 games where our best players were out of shape AND all missed at least one game during that stretch (harden, cp3, EGo, CC)

You guys still believe it was his play and not to appease Jeff B. Melo is a better player than all of these scrub role role players we keep picking up that can’t be counted on in the playoffs. He is going into the HOF for a reason. He is also a good rebounder, which is another thing we Lacked last year. We chose petty revenge over a better chance to win for a coach that isn’t even here less than a year later.

smp and daywalker02 like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bulls
    Thunder
    Bulls.

I'm not a Melo hater, but get at me when he is playing against real teams. Clippers up next. Hopefully it will continue because Rockets need these L's in LA.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

melo was out of shape when we got him. He looks way thinner now

19. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol that's pretty high expectations for a player that is done. What if he puts up 15 on 45% shooting

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Why do people do this? Pretend like it’s only a good game if it comes against a contender. All these guys are professional basketball players. That same thunder team gave the league leading lakers all they could handle a few games ago. This isn’t some guy up from the g league this is a player going into the HOF Jesus Christ

dvi465 and Adam Silver like this.