1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo with 51 points with 2:29 minutes left in 3rd....chance to break MJ's Madison Square Garden R

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by roxxfan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

What is that shot at the halfcourt line?

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sPxZWhQwjPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Him going 1-7 at the end kind of takes some magic out, but still a great performance!

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

When he is shooting like this, he shouldn't be passing. Who do you prefer to shoot, JR Smith? :)

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Whatttttttttttt!

6. Swishh

Swishh Member

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Best offensive player in the NBA I've been saying it for years.

Feel bad for him, the Knicks are garbage.

8. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

how is he a better offensive player than durant?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When it comes to pure scoring and ability to create your own shot, Melo is still better than Durant. It's close. But to say Durant is heads and shoulders above Melo is simply saying you hate Melos game

I don't get this. The dude has the best post moves in the game, plus a midrange game plus can hit the three. I don't get the hate

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Melo is gonna be 30 and has one of the most expensive contracts in the NBA. I don't even know why you think he would fit in with Harden and Howard since he has mediocre 3p%, doesn't play D and is most effective in the post, the same place where both Dh and Harden like to operate.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Honestly I don't get the "pure scoring" rep Melo has. Who the hell came up with it and what does it even mean? Is there a half-breed scoring or scoring with preservatives? :confused:

"Pure Scorer" sounds good but has no real meaning, if you mean "best scorer" then that has to be the guys who are most efficient with their shot...IE LBJ or KD or Harden IE NOT MELO. If you mean by pure scorer the guy with the most versatile skills in the NBA, then once again that means guys who are most efficient with their shot IE LBJ or KD or Harden IE NOT MELO. You can argue that Melo attempts more variety with his shots than someone like KD, but the main purpose you want a guy to have variety is because that makes him a better scorer, if at the end of the day KD still ends up with a better TS% what the point of that variety? I mean shooting corner 3's give Howard variety but it doesn't make him a better scorer since he's only career 5% in that range, so in that sense that's useless variety. In the same way, Melo taking different variations of mid-range contested step-back Js seems to give him more variety, but since all these are bad % shots anyway that's useless variety.

I don't even know why you think Melo has the best post-moves, his post% pales in comparison to the "just dunk it" crew of DH and LBJ, and his post TS% is a poor second to Harden's Euro-step foul fishing technique. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, if Melo is the best he has to have the stats to back it up, and he simply doesn't...except maybe if you're talking about most expensive salaries in the NBA.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Eh no he really isn't. He does shoot a lot and therefor scores a lot. But he is not even in the same league as durant and lebron.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

I will keep saying this but Carmelo has 1 scoring title and it's not like this guy is expanding energy on the defensive end or looking to get his teammates involved for most of his career so how is he the best pure scorer whatever that means.

14. Mr Chuck Norris

And people don't want this guy on the Rockets smh.

15. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

0 turnovers too.

16. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

No, it really doesn't.

17. Kid Canada

Kid Canada Member

0 turnovers though, too. What a legendary performance.

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

you can it all you want, doesn't make it true.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Just watched the highlights

[youtube]CeYmRC0hFJc[/youtube]

Dude dropped 62 with 7min still left in the game!

If the game was close, I honestly believe he would have finished with at least 70

To put his 65.7% FG% in perspective, of the >=60pt scorers, the only other non big-men to shoot a higher % were Rick Barry and David Thompson

Crazy that some of you fools wouldn't flip Parsons for him

#39 shastarocket, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I was looking at my app and saw Melo had 62.

I was just like

[​IMG]