1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Wants Ty Lawson to start next season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Aug 20, 2010.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

And who exactly is it that you want?

Another Yao-less season due to injury and borderline lottery team without another actual star player on the team?

You guys are seriously way too picky with who is available. I'd prefer to see my team make the playoffs and make some noise the way they did in 08, obviously that's not the case with you guys. :rolleyes:

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

MoreygetBillupsDone!

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Not that I would ever challenge Mr. Norris, but I want to see actual proof of this instead of "I heard on the radio".

4. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Lmao!

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

For those who want Billups here: You didn't watch Denver bball at all!

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I forgot to mention, ty lawson would probably be gettin a much larger role this season anyway. Chauuncy at his old age was horribly inconsistent for most of last season. I wouldn't be surprised to see booth of them start. George karl has started 2 pgs before and chauncy is big enough to handle enough 2s

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Melo is Iron Pyrite, sort of like Tmac, can get points, but not really wins when it counts.

DD

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That comparison is not even close to accurate. How much did you watch DENVER play last season DD? I live in DENVER and caught a lot of Nuggets games and that analysis could not be more wrong

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

You mean DD. Please dont lump us all in with DDingleberry. ;) DD isnt willing to. He doesnt want to trade Aaron Brooks and Kobe Bryant errr Ray Allen errr Chase Budinger. Chris Paul? DD says no. Why Paul when you can have Aaron? Chris Bosh? Why Chris Bosh when you can have Scola? Carmelo Anthony? Why Carmelo when you can have Shane Battier and Chase Budinger? Why have superstars when you can have a bunch of hard working role players that'll win you 45-50 games every year and a first round exit?!

/sarcasm

1 person likes this.
  10. worzel gummidge

[​IMG]

11. DaDakota

When it counts = playoffs.....before Billups Melo was a first round virgin, they had one run to the WC finals, primarily led by Billups.....

And then poof back into their old selfish ways.....

Stupid post is stupid....has nothing to do with that....

I would trade anyone on the team if I believed it made them better....there are good players out there that play the "Right" way....Melo does not play the game the right way.....

DD

12. pennymak

pennymak Member

just a crazy thought....

Melo said he don't want to play with Billups becoz:

1. Melo want to be traded to NYK/NJN
    2. Nug ask for package deal in Melo + Billups
    3. NYK/NJN refused or unable to swallow Billups contract.
    4. Melo said this to give Nug pressure.

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

So, you don't watch games. Instead, you only read the stats?!

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Do you know the nuggets didn't pass the 1st round last season?! Billups was good, but he is declining now!

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You're just talking out of your butt again. Melo won a championship in college, won in international play being a go to guy, and went the WCF. He also has never missed the playoffs even in his first year when Denver stunk. He's has had more success out of the younger generation than anyone outside Dwade and Lebron. He also shared the ball quite well with Iverson and Billups as shown buy his drop in numbers when playing with those guys.

Sometimes I think you are buying into your internet persona, and posting for the sake of posting. Either that are you way too much time on your hands.

2 people like this.
  16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You can't give him no credit for reaching the WCF when he was clearly the best player. He led the team not chauncy. Melo made the wcf by the time he was 25, tmac has still not left the first round and is 31. Melo is just now entering his prime and has made the playoffs every season oof his career. Last year they were off because their coach was gone for large portions of the season. You just seem like you never watch him or his team play

17. worzel gummidge

I can play that game. I know you only watch games featuring Yao :p

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Of course its not just everyone here, but a lot of posters have actually been on the fence about potentially going after Melo, let alone trading for him.

I don't understand when someone says:

MELO = WANT BALL!

OF COURSE HE WANTS THE BALL!!! He's a freakin scorer, arguably the best in the league, he should have the ball in his hands. When and if Yao gets back to his All Star form wouldn't you want everyone to do everything possible to put the ball in his hands?

CAUSE THAT'S THERE BEST CHANCE AT WINNING! Giving him the ball, duh. Its common sense and all you basketball genius' really need to come to grips that this could be our best chance at another star on this team for many years to come if rumor is true.

Melo to Houston would be a blessing to all Rockets fans, that actually want to compete and win.

19. DaDakota

Yes that backs up my point, entirely.....I don't think Melo is one of those SuperStar players who wills their team to victory.

He seems more the "blame it on others" type of player.

Eerily similar to Tmac.

I am NOT a fan of Carmelo Anthony......

DD

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think everyone except you know that I started game threads here everyday last season.