1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo wants out of New York? [nypost]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Actually he's the one who told the coaches that Lin should play. He was a Lin supporter before Linsanity happened.

2. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

For the pro-Melo crowd, why do people think he would play better in Houston when he has shown no signs of being a franchise player in NY?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because he isn't a D'Antoni offense type of player. He posts up and works with the ball. He is a point forward not an off the ball scorer who works off of Pick and Rolls.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I want this franchise to have a star again, but Anthony's not the answer. Fake Franchise player that sucks the life out of the organization with his diva act and volume shooting.

He's going to be a loser no matter where he goes. Denver put a great squad around him with George Karl, and I doubt he ever gets closer to the Finals than that.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'd still rather take on Dwight than trade for Melo. Of course, Melo/Chandler to Orlando for Dwight would make a lot of sense...if Dwight would commit to the Knicks. Dwight/Hedo for Melo/Chandler. That's about as even steven as either side could expect.

6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Lol, just lol.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Amare and Dwight would be a total waste and I don't think the Magic want to see Dwight in their building twice a year.

8. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Melo (SF) and Scola (PF) playing togheter? Well, we could see some awesome defense ... :rolleyes:

BTW, the Lakers want a PG that can play and guess what ... his name isn't Flynn.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No, the Magic really don't want to trade with the Knicks. But it is as good a deal as they're going to find for Dwight.

All that being said, it's highly doubtful that it happens. Don't think Dwight will commit there. Don't think Dolan is going to trade Melo. They're gonna fire D'Antoni first.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

THIS X 10000

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Because he showed signs of being a franchise player in Denver and I'll go with 7.5 seasons of data vs 60+ games in a Knick uniform. I don't think he is in the LeBron/Kobe class of stars but he's definately one of the top players in the league and arguably one of the games best closers. I wish NY would buy into the anti-hype and trade him to us.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Do not want.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wow, its like the worst fears of Knicks fans came true regarding Melo's return to the team.

How marvelous.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Carmelo Anthony is a ball chucking joke.

16. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously. Hopefully Ellis provides a nice boost for Milwaukee, and sends the Knicks spiraling into the lottery. Maybe even the continued maturation of Kyrie Irving will lend us a hand.

What's still amazing to me is there are currently 5 lotto bound teams in the West that would be playoff bound in the East.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I used to like Melo. But now he's trying to blow up the whole team & coaching staff FOR HIM, to fit HIS playing style. He will never lead any team to a championship. He's not LBJ, Rose, etc you can't build around this guy.

Knicks need to get rid of Melo pronto!

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Melo can play tough D when he is motivated, anybody remember the Nuggets v Lakers conference finals? He was going at Kobe. It may be in spurts but given his strength and athleticism, the potential is there when his mindset is right.

And he is struggling in NY because he is not a D'Antoni type player. The guy was amazing in Denver (resurrected that franchise from doom) and was huge for us in Team USA.

He is a fearless scorer (an elite pure scorer) capable of stepping up in the clutch. This is something which we lack and if he is available, we have to pursue him.

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He is a terrible coach and that team is going nowhere.

20. TheresTheDagger