1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo to Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basso, Feb 8, 2011.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

2. jvu

jvu Member

damnn..
    If this trade were ever tO go down.. It'd be something like... Artest/brown/rookie/ (2) 1st rounders
    Or
    Odom/artest/1st rounder

For melo and fillers

Then imagine
    Kobe v wade
    Melo v bron
    Pau v bosh

Then the rest of the NBA sucks again... God I miss the Jordan years

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

didnt carmelo just say he wouldnt sign an extension with anyone apart from the new york knicks?

if so I dont get why la wants in on this rental...

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

FU$@$@$@$@!$!@$, ON SECOND THOUGHTS, this could be REAL...

could get fu@#$king crazy..

bynum is actually a legit YOUNG center...

if la is willing to move blake/brown for some other young guys with a 3rd team then this deal could get scary...

but I really hope denver wouldn't do this...even though it actually makes tremendous sense for both sides..

uh oh...

dolan better f@$king step up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

save the NBA!!!!!!!!

5. delta69er

delta69er Member

Would Denver really be willing to trade Melo to the Lakers and turn the NBA into the National Lakers/Heat Association? I'm surprised that Denver would entertain this notion in that it pretty much negates everyone out the picture in the west (other than SA maybe, as they always find ways to win) and makes the NBA the most top-heavy sports league in the world(though this may be a bit of an exaggeration).

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

kobe/gasol/anthony

vs

wade/bosh/james

is this the new generation of the nba?

houston rockets 2012:

paul/howard/martin.scola

hmmm..

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Why would Denver send Melo to a team that beat the pants off of you in your last 2 playoff appearances. Denver has been very careful in trying to trade Melo, I don't think they will forget the Gasol trade and how it changed the balance of power in the WC.

8. amaru

amaru Member

I can only speak for me.

I watch the NBA because I get to live vicariously through the players. I feel the ups and downs, the suspense and the excitement. If that is not there, then why even bother with the game? Why even pay my hard earned money that could be better spent on something that would actually entertain me. Watching superstars beat up on scrubs doesn't do it for me.....I don't care what team the superstars are on.

But hey, thats just my opinion. What can I say, I love competition.

:grin:

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

You are aware Artest sucks now, right? Denver trading Melo for Brown, a bad contract, and two late first rounders is laughable. Even New York can put up a better deal than that.

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Wrong. That would be Real Madrid and Barcelona in La Liga.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

and then dwight will join melo in LA in 2014

13. izeroi

izeroi Member

Heck, might as well find a way to bring in cp3 as well :rolleyes:

14. Steve_Francis_rules

Wrong thread? :confused:

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can't the Lakers just steal Melo for peanuts like they did with Gasol...?

Give Denver Walton and convince them LA just saved them from the lottery.

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

17. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Capitalism is the reason superstars going to big cities like NY and LA.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The Kroenke's could be disgusted with the whole process. Stan has been very vocal in supporting redoing the CBA. And he's got his son and another youngster running the ship over there. This is what I'm talking about when I mentioned in another thread the possibility of owners colluding to bring down the player's association or at least get a favorable CBA. If they did trade Melo to LA and locked all the other owners out of the Finals, that would be the best agitator to getting the owners even more stirred up and determined to bust the player's union down.

I wondered a while back if Denver could put together a convoluted 3 or 4 way deal with some lottery team and other teams that would net Denver some young assets, sending melo to a cellar dwellar so he misses making playoff noise for at least one season and then has to fret and stew about getting franchise tagged to that lottery team after the new CBA comes into play.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Adrian Wojnarowski:

No substantial talks between LA/DEN. LA a team that has to call or Denver will try to get them involved. Most teams will kick the tires. Dont think these talks went beyond that. Jim Buss drafted Bynum, didnt trade him for Kidd, he doesnt want to let him go. Not a deal that makes sense for LA on any level.

Does LA need to make a deal?

They could help their bench. Missing Matt Barnes. Among core guys, no deal out there really. You see Boston/SA, they've kept their core together and have added guys around them. Mistake for LA to make a panic change.

Why LA a topic for Carmelo?

Look at Melo's people. Denver lost leverage with NY when NJ pulled out. Nets pulled rug out and left Denver with no other suitors. Chicago wont give up Noah, talks went nowhere. LA would give NY pause but Knicks in position/thinking of "We dont need to make a deal, we'll get him in FA".

With what NY is offering now, several GMs said they would be better off letting him walk than taking the NY deal. Game of chicken until the deadline. Does Denver want to get something or just let it ride and go into the playoffs and go from there.

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Denver has mishandled this from step one. I hope they fire their GM when it eventually goes where it is headed. I feel that one is gonna be real ugly and Nuggets and their GM will look real bad kinda like Cleveland.