1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo has approved of the deal to the Nets. Deal could go down tomorrow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Between the two of them there is only one guy that moves off the ball, can also play PG, and plays great in either role.

Billups dominates the ball, his style does not fit in with a share the ball read and react type of play.

So many people are just anxious to trade, TRADE......TRADE !!!!!

The best course of action is to stay the course and let the team grow together...we have enough....you guys will see.

DD

2. playlife

playlife Member

I don't get why the Bobcats does not want to give up DJ Augustine.

Diaw and DJ Augustine for Devin Harris is already a steal for the Bobcats.

3. ezzie

ezzie Member

LOL!

i'm just glad the melo-mania can now die down and we can move on and discuss things like BASKETBALL

(trainin camp comin up!)

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Oh please may this be true; I never wanted the guy (bad character), I don't care how good he is. The Rockets are a very unusual group of players and I like them as they are. When Yao leaves or retires, then it is time for a superstar replacement or sooner, if a decent guy is available; I never viewed Melo as a "good" guy.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

DD's going to love this :p

johnhollinger

7. old_eggplant

old_eggplant Member

But his pretty wife won't ;)

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yeah, I doubt we'd get that much for Kevin Martin. :grin:

9. rockets934life

This is funny...

NYDNInterNets Funny how Favors' picture was all over the Nets website earlier today and now you can't find him. Seeing a lot of Devin Harris, though

10. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Guess my eyes are playing tricks when I watch the recent World Games. Billups is dominating the ball every possession, shooting it at will and do not play any defense.

Back to the trade, if somehow Morey can get into the trade and take up Nene using Jefferies expiring + Ariza TE for Cj Miles.

Rox just might make out as the biggest winner in the trade.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Knicks picks look even better, Melo headed out of the west, Denver will be headed to the lottery.

All of this looks good for the Rockets. Just sit back and wait to the trade deadline and see who is available.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Been saying that all along.

:)

DD

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I agree with Hollinger. But unlike some people, I am not going on a jihad about it.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We're good enough to win 50 games. The problem is that 8 teams won 50 last season. Making the playoffs is not enough.

Like Morey stated, he wants to put us in the best position to win a title.

Something will happen at deadline time.

15. rockets934life

Dam...

Chris_Broussard I'm told Denver's dragging its feet, not sure it wants to go ahead and make the deal. Waiting game from this point on

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Isn't Harris supposed to be a Bobcat by now?

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So Hollinger is trying to say that the Nets wont win more games this season? I find that really hard to believe.

18. rockets934life

One of the problems with the deal, apparently Nets want a PG (Thus my Billups idea) and Charlotte is giving up DJA. Also looks like Denver is having second thoughts... :confused:

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

4 team deals hard to pull off and well doesnt help the main team is having 2nd thoughts.

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

This is probably the best deal Denver could ask for. I don't know why they don't just run with it like bandits.

I think it's Utah thats holding it up. I think they are second guessing themselves by getting rid of AK47.

By getting rid of Brewer for nothing, losing Boozer and Korver, losing Matthews, then trading for Jefferson when Millsap thought he would get the starting PF job, ultimately finding out he will be behind Jefferson and then potentially giving up your best perimeter defender, you are just asking Deron Williams to do what Melo is doing to Denver.

I could very well see both Millsap and Williams demanding a trade in the near future.