1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony still set on Rockets trade after Irving request.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VegasRocketsFan79, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Why are you so persistent on being an a hole? Melo wants Houston..... Just accept it, go back to Portland forums you troll....

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Cry me a river. The person you are disparaging is vouched for by Knicks fans and journalists who cover the team. With all due respect, who the hell are you? Maybe you are absolutely right, but why should we just take your word for it when you have no track record? Right, or wrong, the passive aggressive whining you have done in this thread will win you no friends around here.

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Wait, who is this Joshua guy??????

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Fake insider, Portland fan, potato hater, L7 Weenie, take your pic fam

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't doubt what Joshua is saying. Just because melo wants to be here it doesn't mean the Knicks have to bend over backwards to ship him here. The Knicks owe him nothing just as much as Melo doesn't owe them anything. I want this trade to go down too but people gotta look at it from both ends. If we were trying to trade an old disgruntled james harden while we were trying to rebuild would you be happy with just receiving ryan anderson or would you do your best to try to get the best possible package? Remember Houston is also not budging or trying to help by not wanting to add clint or eric gordon to the mix. The Knicks are going to take it in the Butt no matter what. They are just trying to make the process a little less painful. It wouldn't surprise me if Perry was a little pissed and was trying to look around to get some sort of leverage. The conversations with Morey may be dead now but it won't be dead long.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Knicks owe themselves something. If a player asks to be traded, you should probably do it if it gets out to the public and other players. Think about it this way, if you're a free agent and you're thinking about playing for the Knicks and they have a reputation for not being good to their players, then why would you want to sign with them. You want a good reputation so I think they have an obligation to treat Melo the right way here. They owe themselves.

8. AkeemOlaDROwon

Wait...he's a Portland fan? How do you know? Is he showing the following symptoms?

-Distorted reality
    -Auditory and visual hallucinations leading to misconception of events more specifically basketball
    -Accuses other of being passive aggressive passive aggressively
    -Virgin
    -Favorite band is Dashboard Confessionals
    -Socially awkward

Raisin, BigMaloe, DonKnock and 6 others like this.
  9. don grahamleone

Portland has low standards. They have 1 championship and 12 retired numbers. With standards like these, Chandler Parsons could get his number retired there. I get the Jack Ramsay, Bill Walton and Clyde Drexler numbers being retired, but Terry Porter? I'm a student of the game and I haven't heard of half of their guys.

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

It's too late to salvage Knicks' reputation. But's it not all bad news, they have the reputation to pay big bucks to mediocre players.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They are still going to trade him Don. They are just trying to get the best possible package for him. Any team that has to take Ryan Anderson's contract is also going to want something in return for that favor as well as we saw with Portland's initial situation which led them to just wanting in on Melo. Morey is also playing hardball and is not going to give up Clint or any core piece which I respect. If CD was still gm he probably would have given Clutch the Bear two rockets power dancers eric gordon ariza and clint to get Melo here. Morey is a smart man he doesn't want to get Melo and then all of a sudden have a glaring hole or holes to fill and because we are strapped we are then forced to put Matt Maloney 2.0 in those holes. Right now it all rests on Melo honestly. If Melo doesn't want to go to Clevland and won't waive his ntc to go there, then we're still in it. It will force Perry and Mills to listen to Morey again. Even then it wouldn't surprise me that any GM gets tired of phone calls from Morey trying to sell scraps for Melo.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Should it be not:

Lebron is is set for Houston after the Irving trade request?

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

At first I was like
    [​IMG]
    And then I got to "virgin"and I was like
    [​IMG]

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I think the Knicks will let this thing drag out to the trade deadline if they have to. It won't be a good look for them but since when have they ever cared about looking good? I also think that Morey is fine with that, he knows that we have a great team already so there's no reason to give up the farm for Melo, at least not right away. If the Rockets struggle to open the year then I would look for Morey to be more aggressive with some of his offers to NY, but also for other players besides Melo.

The only question is whether or not Melo will ultimately cave and open up his list of trade approved destinations. I honestly think that he will cave before the Knicks or Morey do. Whatever team he goes to he will be a rental by opting out and then signing with the banana boat squad (wherever they may be, HOPEFULLY HOUSTON!!!) the following year. Remember, Morey always gets his man.

15. don grahamleone

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

bilaal14 likes this.
  16. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I hear he's trying to make a comeback. Hope he is successful in health and in life.

BigMaloe, gatsby, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Terry Porter was a 2-time all-star putting up some sick Chris Paul Esque seasons with the Blazers, and lasted with them for a decade, and he was one of the toughest defenders of all time. His shooting percentages are just sick.

Certainly deserving...

mikol13 and jch1911 like this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Breaking News: Holic & Potato Head .... Melo to the Vancouver Grizzles. Anderson to Sonics. Rockets get Detlef Schrempf

FTW Rockets FTW and DonKnock like this.
  19. don grahamleone

For their standards, sure. The Rockets have higher standards though. He'd never hang from the rafters in Houston. Legends and heros only.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thought the joshua shrub was making his final final post like 9 posts ago smh

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.