1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony prefers playing with Derick Rose and the Bulls over Kobe and the Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jan 25, 2014.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm sure they will. they'll find a way to get a max contract offer for melo. people didn't think tmac and JVG would work either. JVG trusted tmac's superior offensive instincts/talent to let tmac free lance on offense. thibs will see the same in melo. let him get his 30ppg, hide his weakness on defense the same way he hid ray allen in boston, and they will be a very good team.

2. pippsux

pippsux Member

Wow....how did Melo's stock drop so low?
    He can't even lead a decent eastern conference team to a winning record....smh

3. Mr. Space City

this is only the first time in his career he hasn't lead a team to the playoffs.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

carmelo + joakim + derrick + tom = later miami

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If Derrick plays sure...now they just gotta get Derrick healthy and some form of his MVP self...if that is possible.

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lmao if he really liked 1 on 5 he'd just stay on the knicks. Yall hate him too hard.

7. basketballholic

Knicks lottery (playoff elimination) magic number is down to 12. Any combination of 12 Atlanta wins and Knicks losses spells lottery for the Knicks.....er Nuggets.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

LOL bulls tried to tank for a bit and couldn't. dat Thibs

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>All-Star Convo btwn <a href="https://twitter.com/carmeloanthony">@carmeloanthony</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/JoakimNoah">@JoakimNoah</a> began as discussion on what it's like to play for Tom Thibodeau....</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/441614807205441536">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(Con't) With rumors about Bulls going 4 Melo as well as Thibs coaching NYK, Melo wanted to know about Thibs....</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/441615190116020224">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(Con't) from there, convo turned to Noah telling Melo he should join Bulls if he wants to win ring &amp; secure winning legacy.....</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/441616113894686720">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(Con't) Melo responded to Noah that he admires how hard Bulls play &amp; how hungry they are. Also told him his son's favorite player is D-Rose</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/441616482213310464">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'm told D-Rose would love for Melo to join Bulls as well. If Bulls ask Rose to help recruit, he will..</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/441616917166837760">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources add tho that it'll be hard for Melo to turn down the $ and leave NYK</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/441617066584707072">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If I was Melo I'd leave the Knicks in a heartbeat and
    [​IMG]

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Win win for bulls.

If he leaves NYK for them then they get a elite scorer and know he's there to win... If he stays in new York then you don't want that guy anyways.

Hope it happens. The east really needs to be more competitive

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If we could snag Gibson in the deal, I am all over that.

Philly could absorb him with cap space.

We could send Lin + a pick to Philly for Gibson.

Then flip Asik + Jones for a stud PG.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

If Rose gets healthy and Melo signs with them, then that looks like one of the favorites if not the main favorite. Rose, Melo, Noah, Butler, the Montenegro-Spanish forward whose name got stuck for me right now, lots of picks. An impressive team with lots of assets for further trades.

Of course, lots of teams were awesome on paper and never won.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Get Gibson now or keep cap flexibility to go after Love later? I'd take Gibson now buuuut....

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm definitely down with the idea of acquiring Gibson.

I know it gets tricky if Morey actually believes we can acquire Kevin Love in a year; me, I find that price tag a bit prohibitive, and I'm not real big on "whistlin' Dixie".

Gibson is hard-nosed, tenacious, high-energy.

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

Tom Thibodeau coaching Carmelo Anthony = Hot Oil mixed with Hot Water.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rose is going to get hurt again. I would not want to play with him if I were Melo. Not dependable. Melo + Noah + Butler + Thibs is still a good combo though. Just don't count on Rose.