1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony prefers playing with Derick Rose and the Bulls over Kobe and the Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jan 25, 2014.

1. basketballholic

LaLa wants to go to Hollywood. Of course she's gonna say this when she knows Melo is leaving. She doesn't want him to get traded somewhere else.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Surprised since Melo has always had such a high IQ.

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

They will have to amnesty boozer, and then we can scoop him :D

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://dimemag.com/2014/03/carmelo-anthony-likes-fan-sign-for-chicago/#more-203874

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Melo going to the Bulls would be a wise move. Much like Howard to the Rockets. He can still make a ton a money but he would be putting himself in a winning situation for the rest of his career.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More than a bad fit, Carmelo Anthony and Bulls would be a clash of cultures. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MeVsWe&amp;src=hash">#MeVsWe</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MeloVsThibs&amp;src=hash">#MeloVsThibs</a> <a href="http://t.co/MGVclnsY03">http://t.co/MGVclnsY03</a></p>&mdash; Steve Aschburner (@AschNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AschNBA/statuses/440321223482814464">March 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And flip side: Anthony, Bulls would be a perfect match

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm willing to bet that's exactly what is going through his mind. "It worked for Dwight, it can work for me too." He got to do the New York thing for a while, but if he cares at all about his legacy, he will choose the Bulls over anyone else.

9. AFS

AFS Member

Also would be cool to bring one of the Jordan-brand athletes to Chicago.

10. basketballholic

If he cares about his legacy, he'll come West so he can beat Lebron in the Finals.

11. faraza84

faraza84 Member

No way melo stays in ny. He's playing his best basketball and risking getting injured to just maybe make it to the playoffs. He's gonna bolt to a winning situation, after seeing lebron team up and win rings he knows his time is limited. The bulls will try to move boozer but will not amnesty him I believe due to their cheap owner. He's not going to la because Kobe has 2 yrs and chances are he won't be the Kobe that can get it done. If morey can move Lin and Asik I believe we could be in consideration. Hearing that the Knicks wanted Lin we could just trade Lin, a multiple firsts and Asik for melo even if we had to take on one of their bad contracts. Either way melo is leaving. This summer should be interesting

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Melo+Thibodeau would be just fine. The question Melo has to think about is whether DRose will be healthy. He already got stuck with an injured max $ teammate in Amare once.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Chicago receives:
    Anthony
    Casspi

Houston receives:
    Boozer

New York receives:
    Lin
    Butler
    Gibson
    Garcia

A lineup of Chandler, Gibson, Butler, JR Smith, Lin has to go be at least better on defense and more competitive than they are now. New Yorkers can dust off their Linsanity gear for the sequel. If New York can somehow get Eric Gordon for Amare's corpse that would even be a more competitive starting lineup.

We get a one year rental in Boozer, the PF who can hit mid-range jumpers and rebound. After that he's off the books along with Asik. Les will have to swallow that tax bill but a Howard/Boozer/Parsons/Harden/Beverly starting lineup is pretty damn good despite how much I hate the former Jazz.

14. roksoer

roksoer Member

There's no bad fit for a good coach.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I disagree with Ashburner or whatever his name is. Look at Iverson in Philly with Snow, Mutumbo, Outlaw, etc. That team couldn't have been more blue collar than they were, and look what they were able to do with a dominant scorer as their focal point. Only the Bulls are better than that Philly team, and Melo is a better all around scorer than Iverson.

Also I think Melo will do wonders for Roses comeback next year. The pressure will be on Melo and not Rose. Rose will be able to push it at his own pace, and be more in an attacking/facilitator roll than an attacking scorer role.

Two things need to happen for Melo to become a bull though -

A. (Given) Boozer must be amnestied

B. With only 13 or so million in cap space projected afterwards, Taj Gibson will either have to go to New York in a S&T deal, or have to be traded to make up the remainder of cap space available... Giving them the 21 or so million needed to sign Melo.

All this talk about Melo taking less is hogwash. 13 million just isn't going to cut it. Another option is to trade Mike Dunleavy but that still only opens up 16 to 17 million in cap space which still might not be rich enough for Melo's blood. Its pretty obvious to me, that if they are going to be making a serious pitch to Melo this Summer, they better start lining up suitors in a trade for Gibson and his fairly large salary.

However if they can manage to either do that, or convince Melo to come for 16 or so million, I think Chicago & Melo is a no-brainer for both sides.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think the Bulls could find homes for Dunleavy and/or Taj.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Carmelo really wants to win a championship. I truly believe whichever contender he's going to play for, he'll be willing to take on the roll of being the second option.

I really believe the only reason he shoots so much in New York is because he doesn't trust his teammates, & he's right.

18. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

If melo can get along with a losing coach in Mike Woodson, he will be fine with Thibs.

19. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Chicago would be a good fit for Melo. He would have other players there besides Rose (Noah, Butler, Boozer, among others) and a great coach. The way Chicago plays D, they will keep games close enough for Melo to make the difference.

20. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Melo would also get along well with Thibs. Thibs lets his offensive play makers play their game. Melo has played really hard for the Knicks this year, so I believe he is mature enough to handle coaching from a respected authority.