1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony opts out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets FTW, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

because clutch is the admin?

2. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

This WHAT GOING TO HAPPEN Carmelo Anthony is going to the Bulls. Love is going to GS. Lebron is going to stay with the Heat. Houston Rockets going to pick a no name player in the Draft that may get cut or D- League. and we keep LIN/ Parsons/ Asik. and not pass the first round in the playoff. I want to Houston Rockets to win but the NBA HATE HOUSTON. due to we win 2 NBA championship WITH NO M.J. on the bulls..

3. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Is it better than a starting 5 of Beverley, Harden, Melo, Jones, Howard with Parsons as 6th man?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sources: He's going here
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But really, he's probably going here:
    :grin:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Melo would play PF and Parsons would start. Don't be silly. Parsons' minutes would go down to 30mpg, and his defense would return to rookie season levels. Jones would be traded.

6. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I was under the same impression.

I really think if the Rockets want to make a serious pitch, they have to move Lin first.

I really don't think Melo wants to play with Lin.

The Bulls could use Lin as a back up for Rose :grin:

7. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Jones would be a great backup. I could see Melo switching between the two forward positions while Parsons plays bench small forward (while Melo is SF) and starting small forward(while Melo is PF) and Jones would do the same but with the power forward position. It really gives our team flexibility and could pose a lot of match up problems for opponents.

8. ross84

This would also free up Parsons' minutes to play guard behind Harden. Four players for three rock solid positions. We would only need a backup PG behind Bev and backup center behind Super Man and holly ****. Eight man rotation.

9. ross84

For regular season, to ease their minutes, you can throw in Troy 10 minutes and shuffle everyone to larger positions (while relieving any of the 4 players) and give Covington 8 minutes and shuffle everyone to smaller positions (relieving any player).

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's better for Melo considering that lineup would be facing the Weak East and not the strong West.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes, especially when you remember Thibs would make them play defense, which McHale has no clue about.

If Melo doesn't come to Houston, I hope he goes to the Bulls and they beat down the EC.

12. J Hard

J Hard Member

I've been trolled lol

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This thread should not be in NBA dish!

14. SeabrookMiglla

i think melo could work on this team and would be a major plus, but there are better fits in bosh or love.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Better fits who aren't available.

Bosh will follow LeBron and Wade
    Love, Minnesota will likely have better offers.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

lol

On what planet is it possible Melo ends up on the Bulls and they still have Gibson and Butler? Why on earth would the Knicks take Boozer in a trade when they can simply let Melo walk? What - other than Butler, Rose, Noah and Gibson - can the Bulls offer the Knicks to make it worth taking Boozer?

Only thing I can imagine is Mirotic + #16 + #19. In which case, how on earth are the Bulls going to fill the roster?

Simmons seems to be working for the Bulls the last few weeks.

17. Fantasma Negro

Sign Deng and keep Asik. Trade Lin and Parsons for Rondo

Rondo
    Harden
    Deng
    Jones/Blatche
    Howard

18. slestack11

slestack11 Member

The Bulls team provides Anthony with more complementary pieces and he would fit in as the primary scorer. If Rockets go after Carmelo and spend $60M on 3 players, it won't make any basketball sense. Harden and Carmelo are ball dominating scorers so I don't see how they complement each other at all. If anything, one will have to change their game. Rockets would be better off going after a player like Luol Deng who would only cost $10M and would improve their defense and ball movement.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I love Simmons and the BS report, but sometimes he just pulls some S$%^ out of his A$#

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If the Knicks want ANYTHING for Melo, they have to make some kind of deal with the team he chooses. Boozer's expiring contract is a perfect fit.

You do understand the Knicks are tanking next year, right? They are dead from the start, with or without Melo. 2015 is where they swing for the fences in free agency.