1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony: "I’m Not Chris Bosh"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Nov 16, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/11/carmelo-anthony-im-not-chris-bosh/

If and when ‘Melo leaves the Mile High City, he promises not to leave the way a certain former Raptor did. From the NY Post: “The lines of communication already had been connected almost immediately after the exaggerated trade report surfaced. Ever since the ‘news’ hit the doorstep, Kroenke and Ujiri have sought out Anthony for opinions on team matters, just as he’s gone to them with suggestions. Both sides now know exactly what must be done. He wants to see the team improved within the next three months, or shown a plausible plan to get better this summer. He promises not to leave his team hanging. ‘I’m not Chris Bosh,’ Anthony declared. ‘We’re not the same person. What I do will be straight up. Management knows that.’ Considering Anthony’s tentative Nuggets future, management has an almost impossible assignment. How do you get better when you’ve got to give up an asset to get one? How do you buy a wheel for a car that might soon be repossessed? How do you do balance business and justice when Martin and J.R. Smith are rising free agents and Chauncey Billups can be bought out of next season’s $14.2 million obligation for $3.75 million? The key is not to make hasty decisions. The idea is to see how things play out in the standings over x-amount of games so fantasy can be separated from reality. The hope is to get Martin and Andersen back on the court. If Karl, who’s back holding players accountable, and the two brutes were at the top of their defensive game, would Anthony be tempted to leave?”

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

At least Bosh played out his contract without demanding a trade.

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Anthony is honest to the nuggets organization. He told them that he would leave next summer. Thus, the nuggets could trade him for something back.

However, I am wondering why he didn't say "I am not Lebron James". James was even worse than Bosh. He dissed his hometown on National TV.

4. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I don't know why it makes you a better person to demand a trade publicly than to leave as a free agent.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Melo has never demanded a trade. He just told the nuggets that he would leave next summer. The nuggets want to trade him for something back.

6. krouchchocolate

Wouldn't it be better for your team to trade you to get something back instead of just leaving them hanging??

7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

It would have been great if Chris Bosh had made his intentions clear a year before he walked away. Hell CB4 admitted he wated to play in a market or situation which would get him on TV. I think the Raps would have appreciated that info too.

Also quite obvious that "the decision" was orchestrated long before free agency hit.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

This is very interesting. What I take from this is he will either sign the extension by February or he is gone. He has put a deadline on the Denver front office and made clear his intentions. He appears to want to win, and win badly. This means Denver has got to scramble to figure out a way to add someone like Chris Paul (not happening after N.O. bolt out of the gate). So, they've got to be looking for ways to peddle Martin's expiring plus other bit pieces for a major talent upgrade. Denver may just have become players for Iggy and Brand. They've got the expiring deals to hand over to Philly right now, if they want to, in Martin and Smith. A straight up deal of Martin and Smith for Iggy and Brand would be very tempting to Philly to dump all that salary. And if it allows Denver to keep Anthony, with the future plan being to turn Billups' contract into another piece next season when he can be bought out, that might be enough to do it for Denver.

Billups/Lawson
    Iggy/Afflalo
    Anthony/Harrington
    Nene/Andersen
    Brand/Shelden Williams

On the other hand, I would think if Morey saw that deal going down, he would up the ante by throwing our expirings plus some young talent at Philly for Iggy and Brand.

I don't know how many other moves there are available for Denver to substantially upgrade this season.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

didn't everybody and their mom know bosh was leaving toronto? i don't remember there being much suspense about whether he would resign with them, just which other team he would choose.

if other teams want to be mad that he drug them through the process with no real intention of signing with them, that's fine. but the raptors knew what was up.

10. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

It makes him a better person because he is not leading the organization on. He has made it clear he has no intention of returning. it makes him a better person because he is being "straight up" as he said it himself.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Of course he is not. He is Melo Anthony.
    No context why he said it.

12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Hmmmm, no. Chris Bosh did NOT make it obvious he was leaving until the last few weeks of the season, before then he always placed Toronto as his first destination to consider. You are way off on this.

Hell he even played games with the fans asking where they think he should go, all the while knowing he was going to go to Miami. All three wanted the attention and took advantage of the situation to get as much media on them.

Anyway I'm in Carmelo's corner here, I think its a lot better for the franchise to know ahead of time where their star player is going to go, rather than have the player play silly attention w**** games.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder why he said he's not Chris Bosh and not he's not Lebron James. It seems both of them left their old teams hanging. Maybe some story we don't know about.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

when a team tries to trade a player, does the player know ahead of time where he is going? i don't think so

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Ok but what was the point in him singling out Chris Bosh? Bosh is not the first free agent to leave. He left in a normal way.

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Maybe Bosh has been "snitchin"

1 person likes this.
  17. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol he did film the whole process ;)

18. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

Probably because he and Lebron are "buddies" and he doesn't want to ruin whatever relationship he has with him, whereas bosh is someone who carmelo really doesn't give a rats ass about.

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

And helped out Toronto atleast get draft picks in return.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This.