1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Legitimately or not, you made a pretty good point using facts, but left out the most important aspect of the entire issue, thus invalidating everything you said. [​IMG]

2. Mr. Motiejunas

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

You are an idiot. Have u seen the ratings for cavs vs. Warriors finals games. The nba and tv networks got hammered on the 24 billion tv deal with the nba. They are not making profit, thats why espn let go of so many employees.

The NBA knows if we get melo by just giving up anderson. That would make us neck and neck with the warriors

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

dje243, RocketsJumer and sammy like this.
  6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

It's obvious that, although not in the technical aspect of it, the sale of the team does affect the trade talk negatively. Don't know why Les would announce it now.

Sucks because even though we have a really, really good team, without a player like Carmelo, I think it's fairly obvious we can't compete with the Warriors.

7. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Time to be rid of the Western Conference and Eastern Conference and roll with a top 16.

Stop awarding mediocrity in the East and encourage them to get better.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Apparently the thinking is 25 & under, $17M is OK. 25 & over, $17M is NOT OK.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

two peas in a pod livin da good life.

wonder whats happening in the bottom half of the photo...

10. joshsemite

joshsemite Member

I'm kind of hoping now that we (Knicks) think a little bit out of box and realize that your Hou squad has some young talent that will help w the rebuild. Isiah Taylor, Troy williams and stash hartenstein overseas for a year. To me that's worth the basic swap of anderson for melo. Throw in a 2020 1st and let's go.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

@DrexlerFan

What is the story behind this clown? He wants to throw?

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You call me an idiot by supporting an illogical conspiracy?

Why did the NBA cap projection overshoot by 8 million? I will wait....

Dur to dur

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.
  13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Has any "insider" ever said "I don't know" more than this guy?

DonKnock likes this.
  14. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

This set us back, bigly.
    Will Camelo, or any other highly skilled player want to come here with the ownership in limbo. Without Melo we are just a Big 2 and a bunch of semi-decent role players. We best prepare our mouths to suck Golden State's collective cawk for the next couple of years.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

Stop talking shyte! Go back to your Harden2Capela account and make racist conspiracy theories...

16. FTW Rockets FTW

_holic

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hate when we (Houston) trade away young and upcoming players. Granted i understand we are in win now mode and we have not won a championship since the mid 90's. In the long run the knicks can be really great if they start making these type of decisions now and stay consistent.

18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

CANNNOTT WAIT TIL MELO IS A ROCKET. It's gonna be so lit. He is going to fit right in. Idc. @carmeloanthony

Fulgore and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is one of the dumbest conspiracy theories put forth.

If the league wanted to hurt the Rockets with some crazy nonsense they would have blocked CP3 to Houston. They aren't blocking this deal. I root for stuff like this to go through now just to make you go away with this nonsense.

The league desperately needs the playoffs to be more competitive next year. The Warriors blowing through the West hurt the NBA, cutting $8 million out of every team's salary cap number because the tv revenue was down.

Os Trigonum and Fullcourt like this.
  20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It was a post for Blazers fans. I was essentially implying that Damian Lillard is irrelevant, and saying that CJ is the better player. I called CJ McCollum their franchise player, and I spoke about how the Blazers haven't had an all-star since LaMarcus Aldridge which is a jab at Damian Lillard for not being an all-star player in the past 2 seasons. I also said that CJ McCollum could likely be a team USA player in the future because Lillard has never played in FIBA nor the Olympics. Another jab at Lillard who is their favorite player. Not sure if you know, but a way to troll another fan base is to make fun of their favorite player. Lillard is obviously one of the coolest dudes in the league, but pretending like he doesn't exist was 100% bait, and it worked even better because none of them could even respond. I wasn't even trying to make an "informative post."

It was a thought out troll post which only seemed to prove that people can be very stupid and trolled easily regardless of which team they root for.

edit: Also, just realizing both of you are Blazers fans. Lmao.

DanTony!Toni!Tone! likes this.