1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I never understand why people doubt that the Knicks will drag this along because it won't benefit them.... it's the Knicks, they almost never make decisions that benefits themselves.

This will drag on.

There's 2 options where Melo ends up a Rocket, either we give them a better trade scenario or he forces himself out of there the hard way.

Waiting for the Knicks to bite is no longer an option.

don grahamleone, adw and DonKnock like this.
  2. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the press conference. From the tone, it sounds like they're moving him. The stuff about him being there next year was very half-hearted. I imagine they may take it late into the summer, however.

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We're standing pretty close to Mexico. I like our chances.

4. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Yeah totally no deadline...

[​IMG]

DonKnock likes this.
  5. rockets13champs

Tuesday is when they'll start to get to work

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Carmelo needs to tell Perry and Mills that if they decide to keep him, he is going to opt IN on his contract next year. They'll be on the hook for $53M over the next two seasons.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They have trades they could make, they could buy him out....but they are the Knicks, so they'll do the absolute most embarrassing thing and try to force him to accept a trade to a scrub team or stay on their scrub team.

If they are hoping to change their image and change the culture of the Knicks, they can't keep acting like this. A competent organization would have already moved on from Melo by finding a trade that works......then you have the Knicks.

If this were the Rockets, and Harden was asking to leave, Morey would have already moved him.

8. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I cant stand this man... I can't even imagine how Knicks fans feel.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh no! He's gonna destroy the chemistry of the 30-win Knicks!
    Oh no! Free agents will not go there!
    Irreparable harm!

:rolleyes:

Breaking news: The Knicks are a **** show with or without Carmelo there. They will continue to be as long as James Dolan owns the team.

Free agents aren't exactly lining up to play there now or really in recent memory. Amar'e Stoudemire, what, 7 years ago?

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

How tough is it to punch up a number? Should have it in your contacts anyway: Either under M for Melo Trade or T for Trade Melo.

11. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

If Harden were asking to be moved to just one (or two) teams and those teams were offering crap, Morey would have already moved him? I disagree.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We aren't going to give them a better trade offer. We don't have anything to offer them that they want and that makes sense for us to give up.

I know everyone is bashing the Knicks, and I agree they were unprofessional in all of this, but honestly I don't blame them for saying "Whoa, wait a minute, we don't want to trade Melo for what amounts to crap picks and bad contracts."

AroundTheWorld, J.R. and Yung-T like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Look at it from a prospective player's perspective. I'm sooooooo certain talented/coveted players will be lining up to play for Knicks.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. justtxyank

Seriously, lol at anyone who thinks Morey would agree to trade Harden to say the Cavs for a 2020 first round pick and say Iman Shumpert signed at 3 for 20.

15. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

I don't understand how a team can completely trash a player under contract, expect the employee to cooperate, and then get value in a trade. If I'm Melo, I would try to file a grievance with the league office. I hope he kept a trail of all the trash talking the Knicks did.

don grahamleone and Tfor3 like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'd have found a trade that would work no matter what the 2 teams were offering. Then again, it's a different situation given that the Rockets wouldn't have run down Harden's trade value like the Knicks did to Melo. Honestly the Knicks only have themselves to blame.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  17. justtxyank

Trading Melo to Houston won't make players MORE likely to play for the Knicks. Nobody will choose to play for the Knicks until they get the culture corrected and start winning, but trading Melo for mediocre players on bad contracts will only make that worse, not better.

Htown's Finest and J.R. like this.
  18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

They won't. This is posturing.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The difference here is that Melo's trade value is garbage because the Knicks are the ones who trashed it. Like I said, Melo HAS to step in and say, "OK, you want me to stay?? Fine. I'm opting in, and making sure you pay me every single dime you owe me." I have a feeling the Knicks will get on the phone with Morey real quick.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Knicks will almost certainly be first in line for Covfefe next summer.