1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Pj Tucker? :rolleyes:

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. Paul George would have been that two way player, but he went to OKC. So DM is now looking for the next best thing on the market and that's Melo. Having three all-world scorers gives your offense options. Last year, everyone new the play was going to Harden, but next year with Melo, CP3 and Harden you've increased your options dramatically.

YaoMing#1, Pen15clubber and Aruba77 like this.
  3. blackistan

blackistan Member

Damn here we go again

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

C'mon Melo, lay it on me. You know you want us
    Sincerely - Portland Traiblazers
    LOL

[​IMG]

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

To that I say, bosh.

If Chrissie were to get a medical pass to play, then where - - with LBJ? D-Wade? Home town Mavdavers? Or - - TheToyShop?

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

What's key with Melo is off-ball scoring, Harden sucks at that. Paul is to be determined.

7. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Seems to me that the Blazers backed out because they don't want another super team out West.

Every western team is already disgusted with the Warriors.

If you're a western team, I dunno if you have the stomach to facilitate this trade and create another powerhouse...

8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

we had to gut our fking team for cp3, the league never thought we would get another star player without giving up ego or ariza

9. hakeemthagreat

Exactly. I dont think they couldve imagined Melo only wanting Houston. The league doesnt want Melo in Houston, they want him Cleveland w/ Lebron

saleem and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is what "upping the risk profile" looks like.

studogg likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I hardly call losing Patrick and Dekker as "gut our fking team" lol. Come on man.

DonKnock, Possum, jnuge90 and 5 others like this.
  13. mockster

mockster Member

We lost Pat Beverly and Lou Williams for CP3 come on. Gut our team?.

1. Chris Paul will contribute more then Beverly and Lou combined

2. CP3 matches bevs defense nearly

3. Lou Williams wasent geling for us and was becoming a brick master

4. We added two rookie benchwarmers in the trade who have upside in 2-4 years

I get what your saying but you can't say we gut the team when we actually have a really good core still plus two superstars

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol moreys style is hilarious

HTown_TMac likes this.
  15. Drogba

Drogba Member

JVG sounds like a dinosaur I'm afraid. Name a 2-way 4 we could possibly get that's better than Melo? Draymond, Millsap & AD are the only ones that come to mind & they're all unattainable.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Best GM ever

DonKnock, BigMaloe and today like this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I agree. I mean really Patrick Beverley didn't help us get to the western conference finals he was hurt and deemed injury prone at the time.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Memphis a) can't take on Rynos contract and b) they would never want to. They certainly aren't going to carry Rynos contract as well as Parsons (which they surely won't be able to dump)

19. Play07

Play07 Member

People talk about dekker like he was a scrub now after the trade lol

He rookie on a playoff getting mins and contributing

Now he's a scrub....if he didn't get injured he would've been getting big mins in the playoffs as a rookie basically HE WAS A ASSET

Harell I could careless about him, PF that can't shoot do nothing for me

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Personally imo adding paul George doesn't get us any closer than melo would.

In fact melo is still the better "scorer" than PG13.

Now I do see the value in PG13 over melo. For one he's younger and the same age as harden so that can be your core for 6+ years, he also is a lockdown defender.

Fact is PG13 just had his best scoring season ever at 23 ppg melo had one of hie worst at 22ppg.

But in order to beat golden state you have to have versatile offense, multiple superstar offensive scores.

The idea that you can somehow field a team to defend the warriors is a compete joke. Any analyst that is spitting that garbage out should be fired. Nobody is shutting down a team who's Second best player is curry third best is klay and 4th best is green and they have the best scorer maybe in the history of the game as their first option who happens to be 7ft tall and can handle the ball like a guard.

How did the jazz do against golden state? Got freaking smoked and they have the best rim protector in the game play slow and have a great defense.

Morey is right you have to score with warriors and rebound the ball, can't give up second chance points. At the end of the day most teams if they keep low turnovers (cp3) and get rebouds(Capela?) will have similar amount of possession. So you gotta score a lot and efficiently. Adding melo will give us a chance to do that.

Melo attacking scrambling defenders is easy money for him. Melo spotting up for open threes and mid range jumpers is easy money.

And he's your third option.

I don't care if you have Kawi Leonard paul George and Rudy gobert, your not locking down golden state. You have to score and do it efficiently

Gotta get melo