1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony Available to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 9, 2008.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lebron let his team be blown out by a way below average team. Wizards are probably not even as good as the Hawks at this stage. They only have caron butler, no arenas. Any team that cannot sweep the wizards at this stage cannot be considered to be an elite team. Not to mention getting blown out by the wizards..........

2. sook

sook Rookie

Exactly...and like i said if it ain't broke DONE FIX IT!!! No reason to trade McGrady when he obviously isn't the problem. We are lucky to have the 2nd best SG in the league...and best passing wingman. If someone brings up melo for tmac....looking at how the mavs and phoenix organization just disembodied their entire franchise by a meaningless trade should be enough

3. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I understand where you are coming from. Carmelo has had his share of trouble in his career, but what player has come to Houston and not stayed out of trouble for the most part? Our team is full of good guys that would keep him in line because he would be one of our younger players. Looking at our history, players come to Houston, end up loving Houston and generally staying out of trouble.

Regarding how he would play here, he would not need to play like he does in Denver because we would already have Yao and McGrady to either set him up or he could play off of them. You guys have to realize that teams couldn't double off of nearly anyone on our team.

Again, this is dependent on keeping both Yao and McGrady. I would not trade either of them for him.

4. sook

sook Rookie

By no means should we not attempt to get him...carmello would be a great addition but what we give up for him, we can't. I would never trade Scolandry or YaoMac for him

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

...If you have the chance of getting Melo without giving up the following players-Scola/Yao/Mac...you friggin take it. IN A HURRY.

I mean for a forum that constantly bemoans the lack of a consistent third scorer (including me), how the hell can someone who will go down as one of the greatest scorers of all time be overrated for this team?

Consistent shooter? CHECK. (46.7% career FG%-48.2% FG% in the last three years.)

Consistent scorer? CHECK. (9000 points by age 24 is just madness.)

Young? CHECK.

Checks out for me. Think of it this way, if you're willing to take a dangerous knucklehead like Artest, then why not take a chance of an harmless punk like Melo?

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Tmac for Iverson+Carmelo

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Haha no, we need our defense

8. astros148

astros148 Member

where you getting your pot from?

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Rockets cannot give up their defense, this is for sure. Defense holds our team together. If the player we trade for do not play defensive, we cannot have him.

This is why people want Mike Miller or Ron Artest. These 2 players play defense. Miller isn't the best defender, but he is a very solid 3 point shooter and a good friends of McGrady as well. I don't mind having one of these two in our team.

10. sook

sook Rookie

WTH?!?!??!?!... ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!??!?!?! Have you not seen the iverson +melo combo?!??!?!! AHHH MADNESS!!! :mad:

11. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Omg, some people on this board are being really pessimistic!

If you could trade off Rockets garbage (Jackson, Head, Novak, etc.) for Melo and maybe a future pick, I would totally do that!

So his work ethic and defense is not all there. Many of you want Artest, right? Players and coaches in the Rockets org. can teach Melo to play defense. They can teach Melo to have a better attitude!

If you could trade Rockets trash for a YOUNG, sometimes selfish player who is an allstar, you do it!

Melo = Ray Allen
    Mac = Pierce
    Yao = Garnett

in that sense.

Alston/...
    Mac/...
    Melo/...
    Scola/...
    Yao/...

You guys aren't seeing the big picture here. Melo can sometimes guard the other teams quicker 4; if Melo can't handle the Kobes and Lebrons, Battier can sub in!

Melo is very much like Mike Miller. Quick offensive threat that demands a double team for much of the possesion.

I would JUMP for joy if Melo came here, but ONLY for Rockets trash.

12. sook

sook Rookie

Which is why we need to stop dreaming its never gonna happen!!! Whos gonna want our luther head or our b-jax or our chuck hayes..BTW we NEED to get rid of theses guys, i was gonna say rafer but hes earned himself a spot..but not as a starter. Rmbr what LA did, ridding of Kwame and Smush...well our trash is almost identical

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why can't people here just all agree that Miller and Artest are our best chances?

We need to be loud abou this if we want any chance of getting them.

14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

You know how we always want McGrady driving more instead of settling for the jumpshot?

Well, Carmelo's about to rock your world.

15. sook

sook Rookie

Did you see the games vs the lakers? lol

16. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

You do realize if Yao misses 25-30 games and we have Melo instead of T-Mac we join the Eric Gordon/Chase Budinger sweepstakes.

17. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Nice sarcasm :p

But realistically, it CAN be done. It's not very plausible, I have to admit (and multiple teams would probably have to be involved, since I doubt there is anything Rocketsside that really intrests Denver...then it gets REALLY complicated), but if you're willing to part with pretty much the entire team besides Yao/Mac and Luis (or) Carl...then yeh. Don't stop beleiving. Well, hey. Beats not trying.

18. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Well why not come up with a trade package? You can easily look up the salaries of everyone involved in a possible trade... Come up with something! I'd be interested in what you come up with.

And there's a simple rule to trade everyone should keep in mind:
    Good player with good stats on a bad team usually does not mean good trade target.

19. sook

sook Rookie

If the nuggets are looking to rebuild..that would be the best thing for us...but damn!!! Please take head +bjax+hayes for J.R and melo!!! we'll straighten them out and you'll get what you suck at most...defense!!! :p

20. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

Count me in with the group that thinks going with a Mike Miller is a more economical and more efficient move than trading some good, young talent for a player that will handicap us financially for years to come.