1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony Available to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 9, 2008.

1. sook

sook Rookie

Uhh...every season he's played for a team he gets them to the playoffs no matter how bad they are? They way mcgrady gets everyone else involved is indispensable..no way jose...only a chris paul or Kobe player for TMAC not even lebron, and if anyone else hasn't heard he is starting to experience back problems rofl his career might just take the same toll tracy's did but at least tracy never went 8-49 in the playoffs

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

playmaking by itself puts him 1-2 levels above melo. you do not know how important playmaking is to the game of basketball. there's a reason jason kidd in his prime did not score and still dominated a game. tmac is doing that for us right now.

also, melo will soon make $16-17 mil real soon (he signed a max contract a year ago right?).

HOWEVER, if denver is willing to give us melo AND jr smith/camby, i'd take it. i prefer melo + jr smith. jr smith has more potential to grow than melo believe it or not.

3. Classic

Classic Member

He would get 9 assists per game if his teammates knocked down more open shots and finished better at the basket. Tmac makes his teammates better. Melo doesn't. Look at the cast of the Nuggets. They had 5 less wins than the Rockets who didn't have their starting center for 1/3 of the season. No thanks to 'Melo.'

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Ha, you crazy? Yeh you're crazy. Don't love Melo so much, he is not superman.

Marcus Camby? Kenyon Martin? Jr.Smith? A.I? Najera? Give the rockets Marcus Camby or Kenyon Martin (before they were brain washed by george karl) and you are looking at a championship caliber team.

5. sook

sook Rookie

LOL thats chemistry, and NO they are the most talented team in the league HANDS DOWN

1st pick overall-Kenyon Martin
    Shotblocker -Camby
    Excellent SG- Iverson
    Great 6th man- J.R smith
    + Linas Klayza

6. astros148

astros148 Member

if you wouldnt do lebron for tmac then something is wrong with you

7. marciagong

marciagong Member

Seriously? :eek: He is so freakin-strong that I thought he would never get injured. Is that why he is way below his average against the Celtics?

8. t_mac1

anybody would do a lebron for tmac without hesitation. he's all the things melo is (young...) plus twice the all-around game.

PS - lebron is 1-27 outside the paint v. the celtics :eek: :eek: :eek: . his J still sucks i guess.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I would do Lebron for T-mac if we're rebuilding. If we're replacing.... No. At the current stage of this team, McGrady has become the core. He is more important than Yao at this stage, but Yao will remain first option scorer. You can't trade a president for another president and think you would get a better country could you?

10. astros148

astros148 Member

lol hes doing bad in one series and all of a sudden his jay sucks? he carried that team to the finals

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

And people here flamed McGrady for performing bad against celtics........

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So McGrady has had a few injuries and suddenly that makes Carmelo better than him...............

13. t_mac1

i said i would trade tmac for lebron dude.

well he is playing in the east dude. but i'm just saying the celts do give him open jumpshots. they just collapse on him when he drives. for him to go 1-27 is very bad. all his 3pt shots have been fairly wide open.

14. sook

sook Rookie

I wouldn't do a trade purely based on talent...wow...obviously Lebron is more talented than TMAC..at dunking and attacking...but what Tracy is doing for this team is REALLY working for us and no sense in screwing it up. If something aint broke why fix it? Tracy SOMEHOW leads his team to a great season just about every yr and incredibly undermanned ....do we all know the exact reason outside of him being a great player? No. Lebron I can guarantee you will be crucified if he comes to the west, didn't see what good defensive teams do to him and how he reacts? Exe Spurs last yr and Celtics this yr. If lebron alone carried us this season i guarantee you we would not be in the playoffs

15. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

This would be ideal. I would NOT trade McGrady for him. However, if we could somehow get him without giving up McGrady or Yao. Absolutely. Carmelo would not come to Houston and be a liability because our stars are already in place.

He would know coming here that he would have to fall in line with what our organization expects, along with McGrady and Yao somewhat mentoring him. He would be our second or third best player.

If you guys are against trading for Carmelo Anthony without giving up Yao or McGrady, then you are short-sighted or blind to the potential of that team.

I don't understand this board sometimes. Half the board cheering for Steve Francis to come back although he has always been a high turnover, bad decision making point guard. People still claiming that the Shane Battier trade was a good one despite Rudy Gay elevating his game to 20 pts 6 rebs per game in his second year and we're begging for the organization to get a third scorer.

I'd take the chance on him in heartbeat, like I said, if we didn't have to give up Yao or McGrady.

16. t_mac1

who on this team would denver want besides tmac/yao? nobody.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Ah.... no.

Melo is overrated, I don't see why people in the media think Denver is so great. First of all, they have two score first or nothing players.

They're downgrades from the stars we already have.

Melo is not as good as T-Mac, the record and numbers say so also.

Not as versatile, not as dynamic, not as clutch, and just not as good.

Most definitely.

I would shoot myself in foot, if somebody thought it would be a good idea for them to do Yao for Melo.

I wouldn't even trade Scolandry or Scolandry in half for Melo, he is good with other pieces in place, but not as a carrier for the team.

He's like Glen Rice or Glenn Robinson on steroids....very good individual scorer and very good for bad teams or teams who lack sufficient all around scoring...not good for teams trying to win championships or teams where he is going to be look at as being the franchise who is going to bring a title.

18. sook

sook Rookie

1st round wizards...a joke...2nd round i forgot but i remember they sucks....conference final...he had one good game and then SUCKED it up..daniel gibson was like an angel coming in at the right time...he has never really faced TRUE competition in the early rounds of the playoffs up until now and he's being exposed 8-49...4rth worst shooting performance in playoff history...

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think people here (including me) question Carmelo's work ethic. He is in obviously the most talented team in NBA, yet his team is horrible. Carmelo could be a Kwame Brown type player. Someone who thinks too highly of himself and doesn't bother to work hard because he is making good money. Right now, this is what all Nuggets player seem like, cause I have no idea why they can't get themselves together.

20. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Don't know. I'm nearly positive they wouldn't want anyone. If you read what I posted, then you would know that I never suggested they would. I was commenting on the post that I quoted.