1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony Available to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 9, 2008.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

george karl a horrible coach? he's only been to the finals and ran into the bulls. it's not his fault he has a bunch of guys who dont wanna play team defense. i dont know what you see in carmelo. tmac on a bad shoulder and a bum knee has a better all around game than melo, and there's no way we should trade yao for him.

edit: Also, it's pretty clear that tmac and yao are not going anywhere, so why even think that Carmelo might be available to the rockets. Also when's the last time tmac quit on his team? 5 years ago? i know he was accused of quitting in philly earlier this year, but i'd take that rather than a guy who quit in THE PLAYOFFS

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac quit b/c they had the worst record in the L, the same way wade and KG quit when their teams sucked. the same way kobe wants out of a bad situation.

melo quit IN THE PLAYOFFS.

3. astros148

astros148 Member

give me a break, karl is a horrible coach. He let AI watch the NBA draft in game 3 of the playoffs. melo shoots 49% from the FG, gets 10 rebounds a game, is younger then Tmac, and makes 8 million less.

Ill much rather have Melo + another great role player for tmac.

Id rather have Josh smith + melo for tmac any day. All melo needs is a good coach

4. astros148

astros148 Member

melo quit because his team wasnt going to win, they were getting smashed, AI was playing like garbage and camby couldnt do crap in the paint. Many can argue that tmac quit in the playoffs as a magic

5. t_mac1

when did tmac quit in the playoffs as a magic? the only time he quit is when he sat out in the 03-04 season in the last 15 games.

EVERY game the nuggets were at least in striking distance of around 8-10 pts at some point in the 2nd half. but melo just basically quit. the most obvious time was in game 4. they tied the game in an elimination game and melo just put up some of the worst bricks, then held the ball for like 15 seconds and not pass.

6. astros148

astros148 Member

I would trade melo for tmac straight up right now. Melo is younger, shoots better, is in better shape, make way less money (almost 9 million), with that 9 million we could get some really good role players. All melo needs is a good coach and a good offensive center in yao ming.

7. sook

sook Rookie

Tracy's game vs the magic was legendary...even though they didn't win, if they would have beat the pistons...oh my...that would have been the greatest upset in NBA history because the magic without tmac then were just like the sonics or the knicks today

8. Classic

Classic Member

Carmello Anthony? DUI's, no defense, no rebounds, no intensity, no guts, no thanks.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Ironic. McGrady single handed carried a broken team (Orlando Magic) to the playoffs. But for 3 damn years the coaches have not decided to get him help. How does Anthony know that they weren't going to win anyways? Even if he does does it make it ok for him to quit in a 7 game series? McGrady hasn't quitted from the Magic until the management decides to let his talents go to waste. In fact, wouldn't you be angry if you were the only one scoring and playing for 3 years? And 3 years the office did not decide to get you help?

Anthony had tons of talent around him. There is too much talent surrounding him for him to just quit, its not like the nuggets aren't getting anthony any help, its that anthony and the nuggets are brain washed knuckleheads. They will need a coach carter to fix them up, cause geroge karl is screwing their brains up. As long as George Karl is their coach, I do not want a single nugget player in the rockets.

10. astros148

astros148 Member

thats off the court stuff, no rebounds? he averages 9 rebounds a game, i wouldnt say he has no intensity. He just isnt motivated and needs a solid team around him.

11. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

No thanks.

12. t_mac1

yes, those are great reasons to trade melo for tmac obviously. age, lesser salary...

but the thing you forget is he's not as good. yao is a half-court player and melo is not a great half-court player. it doesn't matter what coach you have. tmac had doc rivers for god sakes (the same guy who's cluelessly coaching the celtics right now). george karl took a sonics team to the finals, bucks team deep in the playoffs...

the thing is all melo wants to do is score. he doesn't want to make his teammates better, play defense, and just do whatever his team needs. if he doesn't score, he's basically useless.

no way morey would trade tmac for melo, unless you give us camby also.

13. Classic

Classic Member

I would blame a lot of his stats on the system which he plays in as in a lot more possessions per game. I wouldn't consider Melo a 'solid' rebounder just because he gets 9 per game.

14. astros148

astros148 Member

you'd rather keep tmac and his 22 million dollar contract and his injury prone body. No thanks

i wouldnt consider him a bad rebounds either

15. marciagong

marciagong Member

Denver is considered to be one of the most talented team in the league, and he still needs a solid team? What more does he want? :eek:

16. astros148

astros148 Member

i see where you're coming from, but tmac is just too old. Tmac is about to be 30, hes making 22 million a year, hes injury prone, and this team needs a shake up.

melo makes 8 million less, is almost the player, shoots 50% from the FG, and with that 8-9 million we could sign another great role player.

17. t_mac1

i think melo is a very good, all-star type player. but he has NEVER elevated his game in the playoffs. great players play at another level in the playoffs.

the kobes, lebrons, tmacs, pauls elevate their game in the playoffs. kobe and tmac put up stats way above and beyond what they did during the reg. season. lebron is slowing down a bit, but his all-around #s are up too.

melo has never done that. i think denver has realized he's not a franchise player potential and is willing to listen. it does not mean they will trade him b/c he might still grow, but after 4 years and denver giving him that much talent to work with and he hasn't improved, denver is finally realizing he won't be that much better.

18. astros148

astros148 Member

i wouldnt consider them one of the most talented teams, they have a horiable make up of guys. AI + melo dont fit with each other.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

McGrady could get you 9 boards per game if he was specifically instructed to.

In fact, McGrady could get you 9 boards, 9 assist, 20+ points even if he isn't instructed to take on the role of rebounder or passer. People here need to know that the big part of McGrady's game that is also underrated is his ability to make others better.

20. marciagong

marciagong Member

They need JVG.