1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony Available to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 9, 2008.

1. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Orlando. You know what I meant. I was just watching that video of the crazy MARTA lady, so Atlanta was on my mind.

2. astros148

astros148 Member

what drugs are you on bro

3. kamil207

kamil207 New Member

I read this thread and could not believe the opinions of most people. Carmelo Anthony is a proven scorer who could come off screens and score off the ball all day. We could post him up on smaller forwards down in the blocks and his range would open up things for T-mac to become a playmaker cus let's face it T-mac cannot score as well as Melo anyways, and adding him as a compliment would give us IMO one of the best big 3's in the NBA. That being said... if any trade scenario included t-mac or yao i wouldn't do it but i would do battier, brooks, head, 2nd round pick for Melo

4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

yeah if we got carmelo anthony without trading tmac yao alston scola landry... we would be favorites to win a NBA title... im pretty shure that Carmelo Anthony would mature as a man if he was in houston surrounded by great guys like yao and tmac. and possibly mutumbo if he stayed..

5. astros148

astros148 Member

ya might as well trade novak for anthony right?

6. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Wow...

I thought the point of this off-season was to get a shooter...tweak the roster after winning 55 games.

I bet you whatever you want, if Carmelo comes to the Rockets, Rockets win 45 games AT THE MAX.

We just need to tweak...unless we are to rebuild.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

While I concur, you have to admit that swapping a degenerating Tmac for a young star like Anthony is at least intriguing.

DD

8. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

No, not really. Anthony is a bone-headed chucker. He's a great scorer, but can't do anything else worth a damn. If swap them straight up we'd be lucky to be fighting for the 8th seed next year.

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Anthony even at his peak is still on same level athletically as Tmac right now even. The only thing that is explosive about him is his first step, everything else is just "good." Plus, he's a headcase and a freakin' ballhogger defined.

10. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

no battier, head, jackson, first round draft pick. that would be great.

11. ibm

ibm Member

no matter what we do, say no to 'melo.

never thought he'd be anything special, even when the league was maketing 'born vs 'melo round 1,2,3,4...

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He cant come here tho. I looked at hoopshypes and TMac makes about 5 million than Melo so it would sort fo defeat their whole purpose or reasoning for trading him.

Besides tha only players i really want fro Denver are Kleiza and JR Smith, and theyre not worth TMac.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/denver.htm
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

HOw about JR Smith & Kleiza for Head, Hayes, Novak, and Brooks.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

They wouldn't give up Kleiza for Artest.. you think they are going to give him up for that trio?

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

that would probably be the nuggets' selling point. Tracy Mcgrady is around 80% of what he once was and is still has a better bball IQ and feel for the game than Melo ever will.

15. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

There's no problem to match the 13M salary:

bj + frances + battier + head + first round pick, it's a decent good trade for denver, they get expiring contracts and a really good defender they need.

should we do it? I am not sure, it all depends on how you value battier's defense.