1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Handles

Handles Member

It isn't TBD. Nothing that will happen going forward will prove anything. It's just speculative.

Morey screwed up this off-season and redeemed himself with mid-season signings. Bzdelik coming back helped a lot too. We are stronger now than we've been all season, and Morey has always stated we want to be our best come April. Even with early season experimentation, Morey has done his part to get us here.

waytookrzy079 and Patience like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Melo haters are the same posters who were cursing the Rockets and Morey saying they were done after the trade deadline.. Now that the Rockets are rolling, the only thing to be angry about is a failed Melo signing and Danuel House not starting.

amaru, Os Trigonum and BeBreezy like this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We had many issues at the beginning of the season, not just Melo.

hakeem94, DreamShook and amaru like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Biglydick was the greatest signing this whole season. Bar non.

hakeem94 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol @ the Melo apologists.

In tears but not backing down.

lulz...

One of the worst signings in the history of the franchise. Couldnt even last more than 10 games before Morey moved to dump him.

hakeem94 and DaDakota like this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The haters are angry now that the Rockets are doing good (you know supposedly the team they root for....) hahah

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm about to attempt a @DonKnock. The same Melo I told you so-ers are the usual posters cursing the Rockets and Morey. And now they want to come to the party.. They can't come.

hakeem94 and CCity Zero like this.
  8. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I thought Melo was the one who wanted out though.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Home court advantage is important, if we lose to GS without it, it will be a factor.

DD

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw, Melo wanted to stay. He was actually disappointed when Morey told him it wasn't working. Morey loves Melo. He let Mike B walk, he let a 10% of the season go down the drain just to see if it could work.. Didn't work.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Handles

Handles Member

Still speculative. The whole team was crap early season (besides Harden really). Melo was only a part of that. If we didn't have Melo, I'm still not convinced that those early losses would have been automatic wins.

hakeem94 and fallenphoenix like this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This argument wouldn't be comical if not for the fact that the Rockets played with CP injured and out even after Melo was banished, as was Clint, as was Gordon.

Despite all the injuries after Melo was gone, and Gordon struggling for a number of games, this team still managed to be one of the best teams in the league post Melo era.

You have to ask yourself....

...do you want Harden, one of the most efficient scorers in the league to take most of the shots, or do you want Melo, an inefficient chucker taking them, and the team wasting their time trying to accommodate his selfish ass?

And that is why we were better once Melo was booted.

Even Lakers wanted no part of him lol.

#92 Zboy, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    hakeem94, MrButtocks and DaDakota like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You do realize the Rockets had home court advantage last year and LOST the first game in the series, right? Then the Rockets beat the Warriors in Oakland. It would be nice to get home court, but the Rockets have shown that they can beat the Warriors anywhere.

14. amaru

amaru Member

My argument is that Carmelo Anthony wasn't the sole reason for the Rockets' slow start. It was a multitude of things. If you feel that my argument is incorrect, then show me how Carmelo was the ONLY thing wrong with the season.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

yeah I think the Rockets winning/losing is really just dependent on how their shooters feel that day and how their legs are on defense.

DreamShook, amaru and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

Shhhhh. The truth doesn't fit the Clutchfans narrative.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That isn't true though.

Melo was allegedly floored by the news they'd sit him down, remember? I mean sure, he wanted out after they said they'd no longer play him at all. Like non.

Zboy and DreamShook like this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

So you're saying that Melo WANTED OUT after the Rockets changed course................how is that any different from what I quoted or what Morey stated months back?

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Also, speculative, is that Bzdelic left, and came back after we got rid of Melo, who had gotten him fired in Denver.

So, yeah, I think the Melo thing was a disaster - and any opinion is speculative, that is what fans do....

The thing is that one big EGO like his can disrupt the team - and that is what I was saying before we even signed the guy, then I watched as CP3 and Harden defered to this chump again and again, and it was killing the flow.

So, I understand that folks say it is all speculation, but to me, it is 100% fact that he killed the team - and that it took a couple of months of him being gone to shake off his stink.

DD

Zboy likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You make It seem as though Melo's ego was getting in the way of his ability to adapt into what the Rockets were doing, therefore he wanted out. It wasn't Melo's ego that wouldn't let him adapt, it was his skill set. Melo wasn't pushing the Rockets to play him. "Wanting out" has a negative connotation to it. Morey had to come out and publicly say it wasn't Melo's fault.

Melo is just to big a media distraction to just sit on the bench like IT is doing in Denver.

#100 DreamShook, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019