1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos Rogers...adding fuel to the fire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

A lot has been debated back and forth about the Rockets Org (specifically Rudy T) the past few days and about their credibility. I just wanted to add this tidbit from the linked article from Indiana's newspaper on CC.Net's front page.

Carlos Rogers:
    "When you're told you have a future here (Houston) and you'll be here for a long time, you believe those words, especially when it comes from people with credibility," said Rogers, who had one rebound in seven first-half minutes.

I'm not saying who's right or wrong, but it seems like many people here think the organization is honest Abe about everything.

Now I'm starting to 2nd guess the whole Rashard Lewis fiasco.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you need to check out what he said in the Chronicle...

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?threadid=26251

Carlos Rogers is a whiny b****, classless punk for saying he wants to "whup" us. And what the hell is that "no grudges" statement after he says he wants to whup us when we are down. What the f!ck does that mean? Basketball is basketball, and it is a big deal. If you don't think it is a big enough deal to hold grudges while you are whupping us, then you're just a bench player mocking us and will never be a superstar who sincerely wanted to stay in Houston but got hurt by Les and us fans.

3. Old School

Old School Member

You call that "fuel"? It's CARLOS FREAKIN' ROGERS!!! He's an NBA journeyman.

I guess if Marc Bryant or Carl Hererra has something to say that'll be fuel to the fire also?

Old School

4. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

A pattern develops: Rashard Lewis, Carlos Rogers, Hakeem....

Funny thing is that almost everyone here would give their eye-teeth to have all 3 of those guys in blue PJs.

In the huddle it's a family but on the phones it's just business.

5. JR

JR Contributing Member

Hey crispee: he said he wanted to whup the Rockets because . . . HE'S A PACER!!! That's his f'ing job!

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

I dunno about that. One of those guys (Lewis), certainly. The second (Olajuwon), only if he accepted a role (and salary!) roughly the same as the one he has in Canada. Carlos? Ehhh....

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

ahaha. Carlos Rogers is mad cause he sucks so bad. The guy needs to shutup and sit his injured ass on the bench.

8. Old School

Old School Member

What about every other team that passed on Lewis in the 1st round??

Old School

9. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

Speakin of Mark where the hell is that guy??

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess no one here wanted to hear this about the "classy" Rocket organization. I wonder if Rudy was heartbroken about these comments?

Oh, but the Rocket organization didn't say anything to the media about this, so that means they have more class. :rolleyes: