1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlisle blasts ESPN for Lavar Ball article!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Reporting is going down the drain

Media desperate for hits

da_juice, tinman, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  2. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Double post.

#22 celebrevida, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  3. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

If this was someone unconnected to the team, then definitely it shouldn't be reported. If it was Lonzo himself OTOH, then it is completely news worthy.

Since it is Lonzo's dad, it is a somewhat grey area.

This is what they should have done. Reach out to Lonzo himself before reporting or at least one player/assistant coach. Then report. If you're reporting Lavar's take, then wait for an additional voice actually on the team to corroborate and balance. How do you know he isn't just making stuff up?

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If it was any other player's father you would have reason to believe the source ... But you would still do follow up .

Lavar's fame has given him "credibility" or at least ESPN likes to support what he says because it makes them money .

The problem is , he spews so much BS . Even though everyone knows this , seeing something reported by an agency like ESPN lends it credibility . And it can hurt the team . The lakers really aren't that bad . And they certainly aren't in a bad position for the future .

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Steve Kerr: LaVar Ball ‘the Kardashian of the NBA’

Golden State coach Steve Kerr called LaVar Ball “the Kardashian of the NBA” on Monday night, and said he thinks the father of Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball has zero credibility.

Disgusted, Kerr made his remarks before the Warriors’ game against Denver. He was asked about LaVar Ball after the demonstrative dad told ESPN that the Lakers no longer want to play for coach Luke Walton, a dear Kerr friend and former top assistant with the Warriors.

Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, president of the National Basketball Coaches Association, has called the ESPN article “a disgrace” and LaVar Ball’s comments an “ignorant distraction.”

“Somewhere, I guess in Lithuania, LaVar Ball is laughing at all of us. People are eating out of his hands for no apparent reason, other than he’s become like the Kardashian of the NBA or something,” Kerr said. “And that sells, and that’s what’s true in politics and entertainment and now in sports. It doesn’t matter if there’s any substance involved with an issue, it’s just can we make it really interesting for no apparent reason? There is nothing interesting about that story.”

Kerr is in regular touch with Walton and hates to see him in this position. Ball claimed Walton “has no control” of the team and is too young for his job.

“I feel horrible for Luke, that’s my guy, he’s one of my best friends,” Kerr said. “He shouldn’t have to deal with this. But to me one of the things about the NBA is it’s always been a haven from the parents. The guys who coach high school are the ones who really have to deal with the parents. I’ve never had to talk to a parent who was upset about playing time. I’m sure there are plenty out there but they don’t have a voice in the NBA. But for whatever reason we’re giving this guy a voice and Luke’s got to deal with it, and it’s a shame. He’s handling it great. He’s doing all he can. It’s just part of his gig, unfortunately.”​

tinman, Vivi and BigMaloe like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol I’m glad Ball went to the lakers. Can’t believe they chose ball over dangelo although he is with his warts as well.

Glad to see them struggle. I hope Paul George goes there this off season by himself and they get 38-42 wins for the next 5 years and get stuck in mediocrity.

s3ts likes this.
  7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Fall that low? Isn't spouting pure opinion pretty much what ESPN does? ie, haven't they been 'that low' for quite some time now, and continually digging lower?

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Does publishing BS get them more clicks? Maybe. If so, will they own up to the fact that they publish bs to get more clicks? Absolutely not.

heypartner likes this.
  9. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

carlisle just mad cuz he sucks lol

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I was betting on "what the heck has Rick Adelemen ever won?"

11. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

good question, what has he won?

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Maybe an Eastern Conference or 2. Mo than the BBB..

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Carlisle should silence himself. The only reason people like himself and the NBA are still relevant is due to #BBB.

Lonzo and especially Lavar have finally made this game interesting after so many years of unwatchable basketball.

#33 Mr. Brightside, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    KingCheetah likes this.
  14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Get NBA off ABC/ESPN and back to NBC and TNT/TBS

waytookrzy079 and pippendagimp like this.
  15. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

has rick adelman ever coached in the eastern conference?

16. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

No but Rick Carlisle has; just figured you'd throw side shade by calling him Adelman or Adelvise or something...

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ball is a non-stop fire that feeds itself. ESPN is doing the feeding and if no one stands up and says enough is enough when will it stop?

tinman likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why is jim carrey always frowning and b****ing? i thought he is a comedian

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s society that likes a fourteen year old girl who says cash me outside

Trash

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

While true, society doesn't actually like the cash me outside teen. They turn her dumb idiotic phrases into memes and honestly make fun of her. Then the idiots see a money scheme out of something stupid that won't last past their 15 minutes and boom... you've got another dumb semi "internet celeb".

Do you blame society for having pity for that Keaton Jones kid? Only to find out it was all a rouse for his mom to get money? There's some really sh***y people out their hungry for attention. And if they want it, with social media, they're going to get it.... one way or another.