1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlisle and Cuban complaining bout the refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They might not be getting all the calls their way like many think. The refs hate when teams openly complain about their officiating.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The over exaggerating flop by harris did not sell it for me. If he would not have flopped he might have got it.

Rocket River

3. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

They had more free throw attempts this game...

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I actually think that the blatant baiting of Howard by Chandler and others, the obvious I-can't-get-a-rebound-so-I-will-flail by Dirk,...all those antics are catching up to them and they are getting a backlash from the refs. They have no credibility anymore when there is real contact.

If I'm a ref, and I know you are trying to fool me every time, I'm going to be very skeptical even when there is real contact.

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

The unfortunate thing is that Dallas can latch onto a couple blatantly wrong calls in Game 3 that didn't go their way. Personally, the one they are preaching about the most wasn't as blatant as it looked on replay. I thought Dwight's arm was on Harris as he was falling out of bounds. At full speed it looked like a horrible non-call.

Anyway, they are going to scream and whine about Dwight being too physical and then cite a couple of terrible calls that have absolutely nothing to do with the physicality of the game as evidence. I agree with the commentary about Chandler pushing and shoving just as much as Howard, but I don't think the games have been "playoff" physical compared to what I've seen allowed in years past (particularly last year against Portland).

I think there were 4 or 5 pretty bad calls in game 3 and more went our way than didn't. If you look at the series, I doubt we've seen an advantage. If you look at the last decade, the universe owes the Rockets a big favor, and Mark Cuban a s*** sandwich, so keep up the good work refs!! I'll sleep just fine!

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Game four may get nasty. The Mavs will no doubt come out with a goon mentality.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

35 to 28 in favor of the Mavs. And that's with 6 or 8 of those Rockets' attempts being intentional Hack-A-Whomever fouls. The refs didn't cost the Mavs this game.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

lol "Josh Howard" lol

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

is there video of both press conferences?

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Only loser teams complain about refs.

11. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I just re-watched it. Pathetic flop. Loose ball from rebound going out of bounds. Dwight has best, closest position as he runs to get it. Harris is trying to run backwards and is losing his footing on his own. A player has the right to hold his arms out in space if he is in position and in that space first. Are you going to penalize a guy for being strong? Is he supposed to let his arm go noodle when Harris runs into it? He's supposed to let his arm push in like a turnstile to let Harris through for the ball? His arm has the right to be there. And then Harris runs into his arm, loses his balance 'cause Howard arm is like an unmovable oak branch, and then flies backward into his bench like he just got a double barrel shotgun to the chest. Pathetic.

And on the same side of the court, 5 seconds before this incident, Howard catches the ball and spins to the basket. As he is landing with the ball and spinning, Harris runs into and headbutts Howard in a nasty collision. And of course Harris then flies to the ground in an endless attempt to flop.

Then the very next play down the court, Amare puts an elbow into Dwight's chest.

1 person likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

2005 comes to mind.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This. Freaking this.

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Don't forget about Capella getting mugged by Amare....

T_Man

15. MattM

MattM Member

Cuban is a clown.
    Carlisle is proving himself to be one with comments like that as well.

Houston is a better team, and they can't admit that

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Winners win, losers complain.

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Best owner according to Tinman.

18. reliableman

reliableman Member

Fine Dirk for all these flops (that ACTUALLY get whistles) if Cuban wants to complain about this. It sounds like Cuban is one of the most "influential" owners because he's freakin yelling at the commissioner during a playoff game. Adam Silver should be embarrassed.

19. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Karma is a b*tch ... remember the playoffs in 2005, Mark? :rolleyes:

20. Classic

Classic Member

All day. I was told I had Homer Glasses on for watching it on replay multiple times and coming to the same conclusion.