1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlisle and Cuban complaining bout the refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

This is what pisses me off. Cuban can just go directly to the commissioner to start complaining.

Dwight is the biggest body in the NBA. Most physical strength. Please let him play like that. If Shaquille was playing today, he would average half as many points and Rebs.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I really hope Barkely n Shaq discuss this issue. I really want to hear what they say. They lived off physicality.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I agree with Cubes - there was an officiating edge to Houston tonight. Not a huge one, but in a 2 point win a small one is enough.

However, if we're focusing on Dwight Howard's officiating edge...taken on balance with the ridiculous touch fouls in game 1 that nailed him to the bench, Howard is still coming out way behind this series.

ALSO: With the ridiculous flopping they've been doing all series, there's always the chance that they have Boy Who Cried Wolf'd themselves.

4. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

**** the Mavs!

5. sufiankassam

sufiankassam Member

I disagree with your thought process. F the m's. Do you remember the last ten years? Do you remember when Finley absolutely stepped out of bounds? And a book acknowledged us being inferiorly officiated? Do you remember the time dirk should not have gotten a three shot foul on an iffy reach in by the MVP? Do you remember when mark Cuban said "that's not a very good team"?

Again, f the m's

6. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Whatever, Mavs. Its like when my kids are playing a game together and one of them starts losing. Eventually one of them comes crying to me that the other is cheating. The league should do the same thing I do. I tell them to toughen up and figure it out.

Toughen up and figure it out, Mavs. Otherwise, shut your mouth and play.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

THIS!!! THANK YOU!!

I thought it was a foul at first too, but when you rematch it's pretty clear Harris throws himself out of bounds.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Josh Smith blocked Tyson Chandler cleanly at the basket and got called for the foul!

All BS from the stinking Mavs! I was really pissed off at Dirk! He complained about EVERYTHING!

Even when we made a clean basket, he was whining ALL the time! If any of our players did that, the refs would have fouled us even more.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No irony - Dallas is the least physical team in the playoffs.

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Refs don't like complaining. Mavs will get no calls tomorrow. Book it.

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

Did Harden really foul Dirk inside the final minute of the 4th last night? Thought the refs gifted Dallas that.

Pffft. It evens out in the end. Quit your complaining Marky!

12. hakeemthagreat

I saw that too. But watching the replay Harris actually grabbed Dwight's arm and then flopped like he got shot by a damn sniper. It was a good no call

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Technically yes. He did touch him in the back. But it was a ticky tack foul.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Whaaaaaaa they have a big athletic freak of nature playing physical basketball in the playoffs and I thought the Dwight of old was done and this wouldn't happen.

Shut up Carlisle, or rather Cuban who is obviously picking up the check for Carlisle because Cuban's fine would be much greater.

Cuban is such a whiny sack of ****. Dirk flopped for those 3 free throws, it was painfully obvious.

15. ribbit

ribbit Member

Play through it, Mavs! We've been there soooo many times. Finley... Ugh!

16. hakeemthagreat

Cuban is a privileged pathetic SOB. When the series started he was unnecessarily making comments about OUR team not being any good. Now that he's on the verge of getting his azz swept, he's sending angry glares at the commissioner mumbling "this isn't what we talked about Adam". FOH Cuban. Take this azz whooping like a man

17. bro2044

bro2044 Member

yeh... and Dirk got FTs on Harden midway thru the 4th where no foul was committed. They waited til the shot hit off the rim, THEN the whistle sounded, and everyone was in disbelief. I rewatched the 4th twice, swear I never saw a foul.

and then the 3-pt foul near the end... cmon... Harden reached around like he thought Dirk would turn or something (maybe going for a jab steal?), and pulled his hand back after touching his jersey once he realized he wouldn't spin.

That was one of the weakest foul calls of the entire series, its allowed to be too physical?

Those were 5 undeserved FTs for the Mavs, and they made every one.

So much for the 5-6pt swing Carlisle whined about, got them all back there. Maybe Dwight pushed him, but thats more momentum than it is bad sportsmanship or over-fouling. Dwight was being pushed and manhandled all game and what did he have...2....4 FTs?

screw this complaining BS.

18. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

^This

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

its quick, but really funny.

20. j@amc

j@amc Member

1. The Mavericks intentionally foul/ tie up Howard under the basket at every moment.
    They intentionally foul Capela at least once or twice a game.
    That catches up with you with refs.

2. The Mavericks have a cluster of players who play below the rim, and they have an a ll NBA great who has made a living (rightfully so) getting all the calls. But things change.

It's sad to see the Mavericks groveling, but their franchise is in decline and on its way to the lottery barring some substantial changes. The problem isn't with the refs; it's with a broken down, undersized, mismatched roster.