1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlisle and Cuban complaining bout the refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I'm not sure you could've missed my point harder if you tried.

2. Classic

Classic Member

Nope, just watched it again on the dvr bud

Harris flops

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

who says I can't watched scripted drama, as long as I don't know the script before hand what difference does it make

4. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

I bet Cuban ordered Carlisle to make those statements. No way, a guy that played on the 80s Celtics can honestly make those comments. He's just pissed his team is a collection of the biggest p*****s to play in the NBA this season.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

Can somebody please make a gif of Dwight "throwing" Mavs all over the place?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the refs make the game less physical both ways, then Harden will make a killing with FT's in the 20s. Give them a dose of what they want.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

this is what portland did to us last year, always hitting, always colliding, always pushing, i think they call it playoff basketball.

8. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

Let's be fair. Refs made more mistakes to Rockets favor in game 3. Game 2 was opposite. In overall series the refereeing is pretty equal to both teams. they should not complain.

9. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Did Cuban teach Dirk to complain or the other way around?

10. theredbackpack

he definitely did. it reminded me of the terry flop from game two. maybe he'll get a warning about it tomorrow.

11. MadRox

MadRox Member

Yep, watched it slow-mo. It's not Dwight pushing, Harris grabbed Dwight by the wrist the entire time, pinned it against own chest, then pull on Dwight's arm making it look like a push.....and then flops out of bound.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

There were back-to-back plays involving Dwight/Devin. On the first, Devin completely flopped. That's the one where he came up holding his arm and Dwight holding his head. IIRC, Dwight came down with an offensive board on that very next possession -- basically by pushing Devin into the Mavs bench -- and Ariza swished the 3. That's when Carlisle went nuts, and I'm not sure how you can argue Dwight didn't push him. It was clear to me in real time and even more clear on the replay.

That said, it's ONE suspect call and the Mavs have gotten plenty in their favor throughout the series as well. Good and bad calls on both sides, but I don't think the officiating has been horrific in any one direction. Carlisle extrapolating one play to suggest Dwight is generally playing "outside of the rules" or whatever is pretty pathetic and a sure-fire sign of desperation. I thought he was better than that, tbh.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Typical--it's never that their team got outplayed, they're always the victims.

14. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Devon's arm to Howard's face was suspect. ....

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I want to hear these two classless pansies in Cuban and Carlisle say they got beat straight up. But, we won't be hearing that. They just can't admit they lost these 3 games fair and square. It's got to be something else or someone else's fault. These two are weak sauce.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tyson chandler was grabbing/pushing dwight all nite long hoping to pull a mitch kupchak on akeem

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cuban is a powerful force here. I hope that McHale and Morey understand that and respond here that Dwight gets hacked and physically punished and Dallas is getting away with a lot as well. And the the refs if anything are biased towards the Mavs.

If they don't it could affect not only how the refs call games 4 and maybe 5, but also how they ref the Rockets in future series.

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Blaming refs.

That's funny.

19. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

So happy Dwight has matured and not let this nonsense get to him, like 3D said on NBA TV. Yes there has been some physical stuff, but not at all to the point of dirty or whatever. I actually expected a lot more technicals, flagrants and what not because how these teams hate each other. We are a mature team, they are a bunch of whiny mf-ers.
    Never thought I'd see Carlisle cry like this.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What about that sequence where Chandler was pushing around Dwight (looked more like blatant scuffling trying to bully Dwight) several times with an arm shove flail on the rockets offensive end and then it goes to the Mavs offensive end where he did it again. And, they called a foul on Dwight after all that? I saw a T that should have been called in chandler on the other end for it and blatantly pushing Dwight around. Even Dwight had a look like wtf during that whole sequence and he was called for the foul after all that? Go watch it for yourself! There were no calls and bad calls on both sides. To say otherwise is a lie. Ultimately, players have to make plays at the end of the game to win. Harden did and Ellis did not.