1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlisle and Cuban complaining bout the refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The only bad call that went out way was when Dwight three Harris down.

Other than that the refs were pretty average both ways I thought.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Anyone have Dwight and Harden's post game interview when Howard turned to Harden and said, "Wow really?!"

I can almost imagine it but I bet it's pure gold.

3. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

Whatever the case, I fully expect Ellis to shoot 10+ FTs in game 4 and Dwight to be in phantom foul trouble early.

We'll need a role player to step up in order to win. It's just how it is. You got an owner complaining directly to the commissioner of the league... something's gonna be said or done and it'll be reflected in game 4.

Pathetic

4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Feigen and Creech both reported that Cuban was yelling at Adam Silver at one point during the game. Also saw him come out of the stands to yell at a ref. Should have gotten a T for that one.

Calls went both ways in this one, refs did an OK job really and were consistent which is all you can ask for. Can't believe Carlisle is complaint about physicality...in the playoffs. If I'm in the league office, I'm not sure I'd even fine the dude due to the hilarity of his statement; those guys probably needed a good laugh.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

" ... because that's not a very good team over there."

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It was smart to single out Dwight. They were letting him play the past two games finally and of course he dominates their chump front line. They have no way to stop him except for the refs to call a soft game for soft ___ Dirk so he can get his FTs on his face away.

7. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Carlisle and Cuban complaining = me going

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is admitting they are worse than worse, worse than a 'not very good team'.

Rockets goin be fine.

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Maybe but, Silver is not Stern

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No different than clutchfans b****ing about the refs.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Hopefully they won't call Yao for tick tacky calls.

yeah im still bitter

1 person likes this.
  12. MD_in_Training

None of us actually went to Adam Silver. That's the difference...

13. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Cuban is the only owner to have the balls to talk down to the commisioner and just gets fined, should ban him from the games

14. Classic

Classic Member

The calls are still not even for the series lol. The problem is Dallas flops so much that people get duped at 'missed' calls. Rematch that 'shove' on Harris and Dwight has his hand on Harris but Harris throws himself out of bounds when he realized he was beat.

Whateve

2 people like this.
  15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

If Adam silver is at a game he deserves to be called out on bad fouls until he decides to start fixing it. I would have him come review plays when questionable and let him call it, and then explain after the game his decisions

16. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Yes that he did, and I didn't hate that call on the amino drive, thought Arica was there, just depends on if he was in the restricted area.

Think dwight gets pushed and poked more than anyone an gets a lot of whistles and phantom calls against him

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Tyson Chandler is doing a ton of pushing/shoving.... if Dwight was smaller, or wanted to "embellish" contact, Tyson would be fouling out of every single one of these games. In many ways, its the same problem Cuban sees with Monta Ellis not "drawing" many fouls as he (respectfully) doesn't really sell it too much.

Dwight does need to get a little thicker skin at times... guys will be flopping all over the place with his picks and when he tries to get position. It would only get worse with the Clippers and certain Spurs.

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

That's why when I keep saying, year after year, that Cuban, while being good for his team, is bad for the NBA. He is an EMBARRASSMENT to the NBA. Whatever good he does is ruined by his constant berating of referees and the commissioner to try to gain an advantage for his team. It's one-sided, he turns a blind eye to any advantages his team gets, and it's just bad for basketball. It had a DIRECT effect on the 2005 playoffs, and it will probably have a direct effect on game 5. That's why I hate the Mavericks and respect the Spurs. Do you hear the Spurs b****ing about this ****? No. Yet, they've been the most dominant team in any sport for the past 15 years.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Umm, no he doesn't. Those are things that should be discussed behind closed doors- why should the commissioner have to listen to one-sided **** from Cuban? If I were Silver, I would have told him to sit his pansy ass down and pick a more appropriate time to discuss stuff like this. Could you imagine Les Alexander or Peter Holt doing this? No, b/c they have class.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Like Adam Silver has nothing better to do than micro-manage officials due to one specific owner's complaints. :roll eyes:

In fact, being a spectator at a game live puts you at the "worst" vantage point for a lot of these calls.

Cuban would be better off watching these games at the replay center with some director of officiating... if he really wants to get his point across. Hell, they actually do talk to the officials during the game (vs. Silver who likely never talks directly to any official ever).