1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry likely to play Sunday...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Before Landry's injury, we had 5 straight (8 out of 9) games scoring more than 100. After Landry went down, we averaged 88 ppg in 3 games. Coincidence?

2. Locke

Locke Member

I'm hoping you wont be laughing at him because Landry is out.

3. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

That's not set in stone yet.

4. poprocks

poprocks Member

I have watched when Coach A puts Landry into a game. He is the energizer bunny. He starts to score and it's infectious. Everybody else starts to score and play better so yes, Landry is a huge factor.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Three short paragraphs of garbage "incidentally".

I wasn't trying to be a dick to the guy. If it came off that way then it would be for him to respond. When someone prefaces their statemnt like that, normally it means they are aware what they're saying could have a negative sounding connontation but they don't mean it to be insulting. Sweet Lou never said he was offended so i guess he just isn't as sensitive as somone like yourself.

If you want to talk about dumb your rape comment epitimizes it. That is dumb.

6. King1

No, but i should have clarified that in my post. I am very dissapointed Landry will be out for tommorrow's game.

It is set in stone by the way. In fact i'm quite sure Worrell stated during the telecast that Landry would go through another workout today and then they were hoping he would be ready by mid week.

7. King1

He already made himself look like a fool (especially with the rape comment) so I think that answers both.

Unfortunately Landry isn't playing tommorrow (like I mentioned in another paragraph I believe even Worrell said that during the telecast) so Jswilliamson or whatever his name is is wrong again.

Not anymore but thanks for the offer.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't want to get into it. My goal here is to discuss basketball and out of respect for Clutch and the board I don't want to bring things down.

9. poprocks

poprocks Member

Well if Landry doesn't play, it's ok. Coach A will just put Mike Harris in who is Carl Landry 2.0

10. King1

i would have never gotten into it with you bro. Like I stated in my first post, that wasn't my intention. I was just posting my opinion. So, if you had responded in saying you were offended then i would have simply said something like "no harm intended bro" or " I apologize if it offended you."

i realized you were just posting what you heard and I was just posting my opinion. Was never trying to be a dick to you (and that's exactly why i said it). Personally, this got blown way out of proportion by the other guy who chose to act petty and ignorant by resorting to acting like a 2 year old on the internet. You handled yourself like an adult (much like everyone else seemed to do).

11. King1

Harris looked really good last night. he is a mini Landry on the boards. he is also a better shooter then we've seen. I just think he needs to find his confidence in that regards.

We will miss Landry though. That's a hard guy to replace. Since gasol is out tommorrow then the playing field evens for us again. We have finally gotten some luck in Dirk, West and now Gasol in return for the bad breaks in losing Yao and for the season and now Landry at a week and still counting

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no worries....let's just all get back to the topic at hand.

I just hope landry plays tomorrow as i'd hate to be the messenger of information that wasn't accurate.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not at all, his ability to finish around the basket is huge...and he can spot up as well....

We lost a ton of offense playing Chuck Hayes and not Landry....

And even though Chuck is great on D....it doesn't make up for the difference.

Also, Landry's dunks are demorilizing to the other team.

HURRY BACK CARL !!

DD

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's all to do with the Rocket's 3P shooting. They're putting up nearly 30 shots each game but manage only a percentage in the 20s.

15. poprocks

poprocks Member

We'll be ok even if Landry is out. I think that Scola and Harris can pick up the scoring load. Even Deke if he's thrown the ball 2 ft from the bucket.

Well at least the Lakers are now a Donut Team with a big hole in the middle just like us. We should have a pretty good mismatch on the defensive end with Deke in the middle.

16. King1

Not problem.

Not your fault bro either. Those people's jobs are to promote the team in anyway possible and you were just posting what you were told.

17. poprocks

poprocks Member

The most critical part here is that Alston comes out firing. None of this teardrop clunk stuff. He's got to get wide open 3 ptrs and get the ball movement rolling. His shooting last night as well as everyone else nearly did us in.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

i completely agree

The chuck wagon is a great defender but our team was never hurting in that area which makes Landry much more valuable. He's really the only 'big' on the team that can go right at someone and finish or get fouled when there isn't much offense flowing. Its great watching him and Scola on the floor together because their both 6-9 but play with all the same energy we get out of Hayes and Harris.

19. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/5621777.html

Rockets forward Carl Landry went through his second consecutive day working out on the Rockets practice court Friday, and he could test his sore right knee again today to determine if he can return in time to play against the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday.

"We'll see how he does (today) and how he comes out of that," Rockets trainer Keith Jones said. "We want him to go up and down. He worked out (Friday). We'll see how he feels (today). If he feels good (today), we'll work him out then.

"He hates the brace, but I said he has to give it a couple days and learn how to jump and how to run again."

Landry said before missing his fourth game Friday that he is growing frustrated with being out, but he will continue to follow doctors' recommendations that he not return until he can play without additional swelling.

"It's getting better," Landry said. "That's all you can ask for right now. It's improving."

20. mic

mic Contributing Member

Thanks for the article. I hope he gets better soon. Poor Mandry.