1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry likely to play Sunday...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 14, 2008.

1. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i would be extraordinarily surprised if this is true. more than likely he was trying to do his job and sell tickets/create excitement to sell more tickets.

although if its true, our chances to win that game just went up! :D I'll cross my fingers.

2. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

classic

3. moonset

moonset Member

I think he can Not lose

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

to state the obvious, losing yao hurt out size. landry's athleticism and strength have really helped fill the void a bit.

w/o carl against the hawks (a big team) our lack of size hurt. nt just on defense and rebounding, but outside of scola, no one can score in the paint.

landry will be sorely missed again tonight against the cats and will be a huge addition to the rotation against the lakers.

a big game from scola and landry and i think the rockets can pull off a miracle on sunday.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I usually refrain from insults on this site. I don't think it contributes to the discussion around here, but I have to make an exception this time.

You are dumb.

There. I had to say it. Did you even read his post? He didn't even say that Landry told the ticket rep anything. He said the ticket rep claimed that he overheard Landry saying that while he, Carl Landry himself, was answering phones trying to sell tickets. Now, if you think that's far fetched, my question to you is the obvious one. WHY?

Do you think the Rockets aren't trying to take full advantage of this winning streak and parlay it into increased playoff ticket deposits and even advanced season tickets for next season? Just yesterday I listened to a podcast of Morey on the radio and he spent five minutes of that radio time talking about how people should put deposits down on playoff tickets and call about season tickets for next season. Now, if our GM can spend some of his time hustling tickets, why can't a rookie? These guys have to bring their teammates donuts and carry their bags. You don't think they will answer the phones for an hour to try to sell tickets if management asks them to? You don't think people aren't more likely to buy tickets if they get to talk to rookie phenom Carl Landry? Now that's naive.

Luckily, I don't feel bad about taking the low road here because your attitude was very condescending towards Sweet Lou, who was just trying to pass on some news he found exciting.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's a nice novel. Send me the cliff notes. We'll see who is dumb and who isn't,lol.

"I usually refrain on on making insults on this site but let me write 3 paragraphs doing it and explaining why I did."

To answer your question,( I even said I wasn't trying to be a dick) I read the poist. It's cool though. I could careless what you think and well......I'll just say I'll be laughing at you shortly. Then we can discuss who's dumb or not.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'll look forward to it. Incidentally, three short paragraphs is nothing. Reading is fundamental!

On a side note, saying "I don't mean to be a dick" doesn't absolve you from actually being one. How come it's only the dicks who try this? Nobody ever says "I don't mean to be a rapist", then proceeds to rape you.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Will you be laughing shortly?

Will you see who is dumb and who isn't?

Do you need the cliffnotes?

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hey no offense but...........

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'm not laughing per say but I'm not unhappy right now, considering Pau Gasshole looks like he just turned his ankle.......maybe he will miss Sunday's game ;)

11. cujo

cujo Member

So happy to know there is possibility Landry playing sunday. Rockets definitely need his athleticism, energy.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ya know i should have checked and posted this in the other thread that's older. I saw that and someone said they heard on the Radio Landry was going to play on Sunday - I guess these two threads should be merged.

13. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I hope Gasol plays for the Fakers too. Win or lose, I don't want them or the media giving anymore excuses.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Carl was in a suit tonight, but not suited up...

15. bbjai

bbjai Member

Excuse me the Lakers suck
    they just proved it to me
    they lost Gasol early in the game and got owned by the Hornets. The Hornets didn't have West either. Its even keel in the West if you ask me

16. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

answering phones? havent they better things to do with their time?

i knew rookies were subject to demeaning things but answering phones?...that's a new one...

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

whats the number? I'll ask him myself.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's great news. I hope he'll be as agressive as he was in the past. We really need this guy especially against Lakers.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He is still questionable.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5621777.html

20. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Let's cross our fingers.