1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry is beasting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 3, 2012.

1. conquistador#11

the only man that could stop a bullet, other than bruce leeroy and superman that is.
    Nice to see him beasting like that. what's more incredible is that he is doing that coming off the bench?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good for C.Landry. Can we trade our Channing Frye for him?

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

FOUR MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all he's getting paid each of the next 2 years! How could we not go after that?! We know how good he can be. Yeah, he's 29, but every player on a team does not need to be under 23.

I remember when a thread came up in the summer about going after Landry, and the OP was laughed off the forum. I was too embarrassed to post in favor of the idea. Wish I had, so I had some documentation of my wisdom.... :(

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

5. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

6. gah

gah Member

We already had 8 PFs. Landry offers a good offensive punch off the bench but is a below average rebounder and defender. Those are the reasons we didn't go after him.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

With Asik in the middle, you don't necessarily need a great rebounder/defender at PF.

Landry is a very good post player, something that's clearly missing in our offense.

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Carl Landry: back on track

It seems Carl Landry has finally found his role with a new team and is back where he left of in 09-10 with us, which is: the 6th man role! That role just suits him and he's having good numbers so far to prove it:

15.3 PPG on .607 FG% with 7.7 rebounds in 26.6 minutes average. PER 36 that would be: 20.8 PPG and 10.4 rebounds. So far, he's combining the best of two seasons with the Rockets. He's being that rebounding machine of 07-08 (rookie) and scoring like 09-10. It's only his FT shooting that needs to improve back to his 08-09 season with us.

I hope he will maintain this and gets an extension with Golden State, could be a great team in the near future with 1 or 2 players added. He should get more minutes but if I were his coach, let him be a 6th man forever!

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Memories. :(

10. chonox

chonox Member

Miss that dude, still remember that game saving block on Deron Williams.... getting a tooth knocked out and that massive dunk against the lakers.

He also held some ridiculous stat as top 2 scorer in the fourth quarter.... with the other guy being Lebron James. Always kind of wished he could have another stint as a Rocket, maybe later in his career.

Would take him over Patterson in a heartbeat.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Landry had 14 points on 4 effing shots tonight. What in the hell...

Why is this guy stuck on the warriors...

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

20/10 per 36 minutes lol He's gone back to his ridiculous rookie year efficiency

6th man, 1st big off the bench is his best role. Offensive force against other 2nd teamers. Lacks rebounding and defense to be full time starter, but could certainly do worse.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

He's like the James Harden of PFs

14. tomato

tomato Member

He raised his Assists per Game a bit, too. Carl Landry is beastfeeding

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I like Carl, and I know he's playing limited minutes... But I don't think 14 and 7 is beasting.....

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    When was the last time you saw a player score 14 points on 4 shots in a game?

17. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

... without a single 3pt attempt. love this guy.

18. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Except James Harden single handedly at times took over games, espesh game 5 of the spurs series where he hit like ya know, prob. THE SHOT that gave that team the MOMENTUM and they went to the finals, remember that game Spurs were up good...and oh ya Harden plays against first units, gets guarded by the other team's best player a lot, even on help D...let me show you why you should be ashamed of yourself (I get the Landry "Rockets" loyalty thing, and him, and his tooth, and he was kinda part of our 22 game win streak, but he GOT SHOT THAT SEASON, so....he was kinda lucky to be playing...tough luck though seriously on getting SHOT, randomly, right? I regress)

I get the loyalty factor, but James Harden is going to be great, he's already better than Rudy Gay, Mem. would do that trade in a second...and throw in more...but see that's the thing y'all all be bashing CURRENT ROCKETS that are trying, and doing there best...Harden aint ball hogging, nor slacking, in fact he plays pretty smart, he sure told Howard tonight you aint getting that lay up...Howard had some words back...

James Harden is like a mix of Vernon Maxwell in his ability to get to the hoop, and not the same speed, but just he's able to get to the hoop and finish, and of course the streaky shooting, and good D, gets under players skin ("When it matters" playoffs..), and the other half I see him (comparing old Rockets here to Harden only three of them though), as a lil Tmac, but HAS HEART, and is CLUTCH, and has been well....we know...:rolleyes::confused::eek::cool:
    in his ability to create off the PnR, for himself, and see the open floor and pass out to facilitate, while scoring in bunches as well, and next I'm putting two together in this final pkg. Drexler/Mobley, in Hardens ability to create a fast break off steals, and the rebounds off for fast breaks too, and I put Mobley on there with Drexler only bc James is left handed, and Mobley played great as a Rocket, and learned a lot from his rookie year...James Harden kind of reminds me of that....hmmm..his rookie year, let alone last year, he was playing in the finals with arguably the best player in the NBA in Durant, yet Harden would take over games late against stellar Defenses, kinda like this...
    :eek:
    http://youtu.be/HZ_aeITkIRg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ_aeITkIRghttp://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ_aeITkIRg

19. SuperLintendo7

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EqPN3mdx9sw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o9GtbR2LG6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SL1KJQ6pjos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S6uRVZB1TZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/svG7VDEWuhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Miss this guy sooo much

20. SuperLintendo7

please Delete ^^ i failed soo hard lol