1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry insider article by Hollinger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketjunkie, Dec 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Can anyone with insider access post the article? If it's already been posted, please let me know which thread. Thanks!

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

What's the link?

3. pogs_are_for_pu

It is in the notes section in his AI article. here

Hollinger says

"• I haven't heard anyone mention his name yet, so let me be the first to put this out there: If Carl Landry doesn't get some votes for the Sixth Man award, there needs to be an investigation.

Everyone likes to talk about the no-talent, overachieving Rockets (11-9), but Landry has dominated off the bench. He basically becomes Houston's go-to scorer as soon as he enters games, because he can shoot from midrange, score in the post and get lots of garbage buckets off the ball.

Landry is averaging 16.3 points a game off the bench with a sizzling 56.7 percent shooting mark and comes in at 88.8 percent from the line. His rate of 25.3 points per 40 minutes is better than the rates of Antawn Jamison (19.50), Danny Granger (19.77) and Monta Ellis (17.24), except Landry produces his on far fewer shots. As a result, Landry has the highest PER of any reserve to play at least 300 minutes (23.94), far outpacing the likes of Jamal Crawford (17.11) and Jason Terry (18.15).

He also helps answer the nagging question of "How is Houston doing this?" If he keeps it up, he may not only win some hardware but also help nudge the Rockets to a surprise playoff appearance.

4. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Rockets actually getting recognition with no national TV coverage? That must mean we really doing good :p

5. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Not sure how to link - am newbie. The article was recently posted in today's Daily Dime for item 8.

6. redao

redao Member

23.94 PER is phenominal.

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Sadly, he'll probably finish 2nd or 3rd in voting.

8. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

23.94 PER is basically what T-Mac had during his best years with us...

9. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

I would love to see Landry work with Hakeem in the off-season.

2 people like this.
  10. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

That's what I was thinking recently. I think that with his strength and athleticism he is capable of playing that style of ball. Rep points for you!!!!

11. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

I said his before but, Hollinger is the only one outside of Rockets fans and Media that knows of Carl Landry and how good he is. He's been talking about him since his rookie year. :)

12. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

+1 !!!

13. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

The only way the Rockets will ever win an award from the media is if they create an "Underrated player of the year" category.

14. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

Hahaha actually i have heard some commentators mentioned Landry for the 6th man quite a few times during the games i watched on leaguepass ><