1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CARL LANDRY. CARL LANDRY. CARL LANDRY.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Apr 25, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rua2006

rua2006 Member

1) Kirilenko flies when Scola grazes his arm ever so gently.

2) Look at Carl Landry when he gets hit. Boozer accidentally hits him in the face (honestly it was an accident, without a doubt, but it was still a hard hard hit). At this point, he has lost a tooth. But when he got hit in the face, did he flinch? No, he literally did not jerk his head or fall back. He stood completely still, turned, and MADE AN OUTLET PASS. Then he keeled over in pain. It was the opposite of flopping. I just love when players think like that instead of thinking about how to deceive the refs.

2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Yeah, I don't see how it's possible to not love the guys on our team. They hustle their butts off and leave everything on the floor. It's an absolute shame and a disgrace to the NBA that guys like Kirilenko gets away with the type of BS he's doing.

We deserved Game 2. There's no question. We almost lost Game 3 because of bogus calls again. I'd like to hope that we can get some things going our way now-- we've more than paid our dues for this entire series.

3. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Landry made beyond the play of the game. Lets also remember that Rafer was mad hot, BJac did well, and Battier hung it not. There's also TMac.

I hope we see more of this possessed Rockets team embodied by Landry in the next few days/weeks/years.

4. YaoDreaming

YaoDreaming Member

5. nancychang

nancychang Member

Landry is the MAN!!!![/SIZE]

Love him sooooooo much...... ;)

6. matthewzhang

matthewzhang Member

brave heart! brave man!!

7. stingray88

stingray88 Member

Landry is the man....

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The replay of the flop is hilarious :D. This should be played to the league office over and over again!

9. Jd1

Jd1 Member

AK47 should try Hollywood instead. This guy can act so well...

10. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

Carl "The Tooth" Landry!!!!

11. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I'll give Landry my left nut and front tooth.

12. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

omfg shut up with your hate. One bad shot and you keep talking crap about TMac all over the board?? jeez get the f outta here

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I agree with a previous poster, the block was maaad impressive, but we can't discount the save afterwards either. That was equally impressive. That could have easily gone bad.

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I couldn't agree more.

The block was like WOWWWW! but the save was a vet. move. He could have easily let the ball go out of bounce but he had the mind set to grab it and dish it to one of the good guys.

Well done Landry, Well done!

P.S. There's gona be a nice fat contract waiting for you at the end of the season ;)

15. SilentAssassin

Did anyone notice the look on Deron Williams' face when Landry made that block?

Incredulous is the word that comes to mind.

I loved this game, right up there with all the big games in Rox history. The entire tone of this series has changed, and you know the Jazz aren't feeling very good this morning.

love it, love it, love it!!!

Go Rox!!!!!!

:D

16. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

don't you know... Scola has the ability to use his ki energy and did an energy blast on AK.

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

That Landy play keeps giving me chills. The block itsself is amazing PLUS him saving it from going out of bounds PLUS the awareness to know EXACTLY where scola was. Plays like that is why i love basketball.

18. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Man I keep watching that Landry play over and over. It makes me happy.

One thing I noticed though on that play, Deron Williams missed a WIDE OPEN Carlos Boozer TWICE on that play. First on the pick and roll, then we he drove. I don't understand why he passed to a covered Kyle Korver in the corner when Boozer was sitting the key hole wide open. But whatever, I'm glad he effed up.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

GRACIAS. :D

20. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

They should run a promotion for game 5 and get pics of fans with missing teeth. They could show it like the "Flex Cam".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.