1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

car unsurance help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by red, Nov 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. red

red Contributing Member

since i don't have a car i have no insurance...but i've had my eye on a 2002 passat glx, test drove one over the weekend and if you havn't had the chance i highly recommend you do so...

so back to the point...i need insurance and being a male under 25, insurance sucks...

i've checked geico and am about to check on progressive, allsate, nationwide...

does anyone have a positve/negative comments on car insurance???

thanks in advance

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

it's all a scam, just go with the cheapest one.

i use GEICO. I can pay online, etc...

My advice, is to shop around, get the best price and live the American dream by going into debt!!!

rH

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ummmm...depending on your income, i wouldn't necessarily just go with the cheapest one. get in a serious accident or get sued and those "cheaper" ones are less likely to be responsive to your claims. State Farm is a stable company that isn't going anywhere. I can't say the same for Geico or the others that advertise during afternoon television trying to attract the lowest common denominator. You do get what you pay for, after all.

having said that, if you simply can't afford it, absolutely don't let that keep you from getting transportation.

4. cson

cson Contributing Member

"unsurance" is clearly the cheapest choice...i think...:)

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If you've ever had to deal with a unknown cheap insurance company then you will go with a well known company even if its costs a little more.

I got hit by someone using one of those open one day closed the next day insurance companies. I was pretty relieved the guy had insurance, but his company wouldn't pay even though it was his fault and the police gave him a ticket.

My insurance company, Nationwide, took care of everything for me including a rental car (at some cost to me of course). Maybe a cheap company would have done that but I just felt better knowing I had a good company. I hope his insurance company got shut down. I hate fraud.