1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Theft...Venting....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mattj, May 7, 2008.

1. WildSweet&Cool

Neither my wife or daughter has ever posted as me. As far as the effeminate statements.... I don't recall making any.

It's a song from The Crystal Method.

2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

It's only your fault when you're a pro athlete. ;)

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

That sux...sorry to hear about that...I try not to store any valuables in my car, however, if your coming from work, it would be hard not to...

As far as the rest. being at fault, no...at a minimum, they should have a sign stating "Lock your vehicle", etc that most places do, but that doesn't do ***** for your missing stuff...

Lastly, everyone is a smart azz...sometimes we say stupid *****...

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

A gay song.

5. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Looks like you were a victim of the West U White-T's. That sucks man sorry. My kid had her car broken into yesterday also. $130 for a window! Thieves are bad people but I do know it will come back to them.

6. WWR

WWR Member

I would hate for you to feel insulted, but it isn't theft. It's a burglary of a motor vehicle.

Sorry, carry on.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I was the black book part that got me thinkg "aww **** that sucks". The other stuff is replacible. It isn't free, but can be replaced.

But that black book with all that info from 10 years, that has to suck.

Sorry to hear that man.

I hope no one breaks into my truck. I've been pretty bad about leaving things out at times. (forget).

8. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Can anyone find statstics of the number of automobile break-ins in Houston over the past few years compared to other major cities? I'm guessing Houston is near the top. I now live in San Francisco and well to put it frankly, Houston is a crime ridden ****hole. No offense to those of you who act like you love the city only because you live there and have to act that way. If you ever get out, you'll no longer have blind loyalty.

9. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Sometimes it's good to drive the ugliest car in the lot. :)

10. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Actually I hope they do, because if they do, they'll be caught in no time and we can put those suckers behind bars for Matt Jackson!

12. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Ain't that the truth. If you're a celebrity, the cops will work for you. If not, you're screwed.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised either.

Crime increases as the weather gets warmer, and peaks at 85 degrees before it starts to drop back down. Houston hovers around 85 degrees during the entire spring, and at night during the summer. That's 6 months of prime weather conditions for thieves.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I heard ya rant
    reminded me of the WORSE criminal EVAH

back in January
    My moms was in the hospital with Pneumonia
    real Deathbed type of thing in ICU

Over the course of the time there
    You get to know the people . . there with this people
    who are all in ICU

SOME JACK*SS
    basically comes in
    [no one notices cause new people are coming in and out all the time]
    He waits until everyone is sleep
    then steals from this one young lady in the group.
    He stole over 1000$ [she had gotten from a relative
    who brought it directly to the hospital and she had not left
    he husband's side]

I was super pissed
    I tell ya. . . If i saw him . .he'd have been begging to go to jail
    some folx just need a good old fashion *ss kicking!!
    Deep and thorough!

Rocket River
    bring back CANING!! :mad:

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

first off, sorry to hear mattj, I've been a Victim, out all places, in Humble at a shopping center for my car stereo

the OP posted to VENT and not to be blasted for what happen

some of the replies were uncalled for

16. kikimama

kikimama Member

If it's happening all the time, they should have more signs alerting customers. But he didn't even bother to call the cops to file a report because he was "too busy". What a great organization...

Anyhow, what happened to your car alarm? It's a 2008. Surely it has an alarm system...

17. tulexan

tulexan Member

was it this guy?

[​IMG]

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Count me cynical, but I assume someone is going to break into my car every time I park it anywhere. Thus even when I jump into the grocery store for 5 minutes, I take my Ipod with me. Thieves will steal anything. Once they stole my friend's school books from his car.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No, not really. There are plenty of nice restaurants and places to go. I love diversity. I live off 99 and fry (cinco ranch) and I love it. I know its not technically Houston, cuz its katy but Im still close to the city mainly bc of the westpark toll rd

I was livin in Waco for school and getting your stuff jacked was pretty common there. Im glad it never happened to me (knock on wood)

and some advice - do not leave your notebook in your car, esp since its getting hotter. i ruined my notebook doing that...

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Happened to my uncle once in the parking lot of a restaurant in the Galleria area during lunch. They got his laptop and some EXPENSIVE Montblanc pens. No witnesses. So if that can happen there, it can happen anywhere. Also, later on, someguy broke his driver side window at his office parking lot, but there was nothing to steal inside. Again, no witnesses. We need cameras everywhere now. That's one thing I will totally concede in the privacy wars, even like in that british town where there are cops watching on monitors and they have speakers where they can talk to people who are breaking laws; "Oi, no littering!"

BTW, I'm curious Matt, when you radio guys do those commercials for car dealerships and you are talking about whatever car you are driving, are those cars like temporarily loaned to you or do you just get a good deal on a lease or something?