1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Theft...Venting....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mattj, May 7, 2008.

1. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

I wish cops would place trap cars in high crime areas with laptops in plain view on the front seat... and then put any dbag that breaks into said trap car in jail for a very long time....

someone did this to me in austin once and didnt even take anything. but car windows are freaking expensive!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

After reading this thread, if I ever break into a car then I'm popping the trunk and looking in there too. :cool:

I guess the benefit of driving my crappy looking 17 year old car is that it's not a juicy looking target for potential theives.

3. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Why are people trying to blame the restaurant manager for this? The HPD wouldn't do a damn thing EVEN if the theif was caught on camera. They don't do chitt.

Molinas is a good restaurant with good management, there is no way they should be held responsible for something some loser H-town thug did outside in their parking lot when the HPD won't do anything either.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

So I take it you work at Molinas?

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If I were a restaurant manager and one of my customers was robbed, I would do everything in my power to help them out. Making a simple phone call (or having one of your employees do it) should have been a no-brainer regardless of what help the HPD may or may not provide.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

One day someone stole the H decal off the trunk of my car. I was devastated.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't think trap cars exist in the US because of the entrapment laws. I think they do them in Canada though...I'm not sure about this.

I hope they catch the person who did this. The laptop and black book things sucks. At least insurance will pay for some things.

I had a cop friend leave his cop guns in his truck before and they got jacked. He was told never to do that again.

I used to bring a laptop to work and would always have it with me if I went out to eat afterwards. I actually don't know of anyone around here who leaves their laptop in their car, but this is DC. I figure Houston should be the same way though.

8. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Either your girl used your moniker to post a few things a while back, or you made some pretty effeminate statements... I too, got confused on your gender for 2 weeks or so. But then I quickly realized you were a dude.

A while back, my sister's entire car (97 accord) got stolen - she didn't have any alarms, no lojack, nada. She left her ipod and her faceplate and a few other semi-valuables in the car that night, as she usually did back then. Luckily she got the car back, but all the stuff from the inside was gone. It's a pain in the butt, however, it's worth it to clean out your goods from your car if you can help it. I realize it's unavoidable to leave stuff in there sometimes, but it's something I definitely think about more often these days.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Maybe its because you have about the gayest username this side of Summer Song Giver.

10. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

That's going wayy too far. C'mon man, let's keep our heads on straight.

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

The fact that they took the Black Book really makes me feel bad for you. Hope they don't do anything stupid with those numbers and emails.

12. Cannonball

He shouldn't be blamed for the actual theft but it would be nice if at least expressed some concern that a crime just occurred on restaurant property. What if it had been a different crime. "Could you call the cops and an ambulance. Somebody just got shot in the parking lot." "Sorry, I'm too busy right now." :rolleyes:

13. Cannonball

I was in the car long enough to hear part of Matt's comments on this on 610.

Is it wrong that I thought of this?
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m68-oWBh9Ow&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m68-oWBh9Ow&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YvPXI95hgnA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YvPXI95hgnA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. da1

da1 Member

Man that sucks. I got my digital camera stolen in Ecuador and I guess all you can learn from those experiences is to put items in a place where people can't see them.

15. preludef71

preludef71 Contributing Member

jgreen91 - this happens in any major city and in good areas (like west u) too. to pin this on the just the city of houston is very shortsighted of you.

you must have moved to (or come from) a sorry city like dallas or salt lake city.

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

That sucks Matt. The Black Book sucks the worst.

Did it have Hakeem's cell # in it?

17. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I love how it's my fault that someone decided to steal my stuff.

18. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Sorry about that Matt. When I first moved back to Houston after college, I was a mobile DJ in Clear Lake. In the first month back, I had all of my equipment and music stolen from my car while I was talking to a guy about where to set up - my entire livelihood was gone. I feel for ya man, that feeling sucks.

You'll get some new stuff that's better than what you had and most of those numbers in that book probably don't work anymore. Keep working hard and we'll keep listening.

(even if we disagree with you a lot of the time! :D )

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

doubt anyone wants to call a one legged transvestite, and i'm sure vince young is used to crank calls

forgot to add this ;)

#59 v3.0, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Leave him alone. This is his schtick.

Sorry MJ. What about your insurance?