1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Car Issues] 2000 Ford Mustang

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ToyCen428, Dec 8, 2009.

1. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

I have a 2001 ford mustang, had the same problem last month. Took the battery to Autozone, they checked it out for free...turns out there were a few bad cells in the battery. I replaced the battery, now everything works fine.

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

A few years back on my Mustang I kept having starting problems. Then it would start just fine. Then it wouldn't. And so on, etc. It was all or nothing and very strange.

Battery was fine. Alternator was fine. Starter was fine, etc. The terminals LOOKED fine, but what had happened was that the inside of the negative battery cable (the black ground) was corroded on the inside, but not at the terminal itself, which resulted in the car behaving the same way as if the terminal was the cause of the bad connection. That was a new one to me, but a few bucks for a cable was all that resulted from lots of headache and head-scratching.

3. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

yeah I jumped the car, and it started... so I said hmmm it must be the battery. Took it out, got a new battery and now I start it and I hear one "click" and then nothing. Does this mean the battery connectors arent hooked on tightly enough or what??

4. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

nevermind its starting. /Close