1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car accident in a parking lot - any advice?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BEAT LA, May 6, 2013.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Wirl staw

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

She did hit her brakes, but she didn't give herself enough time to react because of her speed.

Yeah, I was just using that in my example of men are better drivers.

I stopped. She hit the side of my car. She didn't check. If both drivers were me I would have avoided the accident.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

That is why insurance rates for men are cheaper than women. Oh...wait ....;)

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

No they can't, but neither will you calling their insurance company. The insurance company will try to get their money back and you don't have to try to do the work.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Are you still saying she was going 40mph? :confused:

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But that is right in front of the stores. You're going to have people walking back and forth to cross it. Usually there are some stop signs or bumps so cars can't pick up speed, while people cross.

Even if there aren't any bumps or signs, it's common sense, to not go that fast in front of the stores. I don't think I've ever seen it. I doubt she was realy going 40, but if she was, then ask for the security video.

#66 RV6, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  7. SwoLy-D

Unless they have added them since Google Maps Street View last went in the parking lot, there aren't any. BEAT LA is losing credibility here. No way that lady was doing 40mph. :eek:

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'm hispanic, what it this "insurance" you speak of?

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

This is where you lose any credibility. Two schools of thought:

1. You were really going 25+ MPH in a parking lot and admit to it? That is easily 10+ MPH too fast for the lot you show.

2. If you truly weren't going that fast, then you are incapable of judging speeds.

Even though I wasn't there, I find it hard to believe either of you was going near that fast. If so, then both of you are guilty of dangerous and reckless driving.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Looking at google view, I highly doubt he could get a good view looking between the wall and the building without at least slowing down to a crawl due to all the pillars and the gap only being about 6-8 foot wide. At 25 mph, he had about .2 seconds to look left. At 25 mph, his braking distance is about 30 feet for braking and another 36 feet for reaction time (based on his 1 sec reaction time...most people are about 1.5-2 sec).

At 25 mph, his car would have mostly been past the intersection with maybe his rear bumper sticking in the intersection. She must be a really bad driver to get all the way over to the left of the road and cross a couple parking spots to hit the front of his car. Maybe the laws of physics don't apply to his car.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

^

So, you were pulling out of the China Star parking area with the mongolian bbq sign? And she was driving down the same lane as the black car by the grand opening sign?

13. SwoLy-D

^ Yeap. That's what I saw. There are no bumps to slow her down. There's no way around it. SHE has the right of way there (under or AT 40mph) and HE wasn't going 25mph. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Based on his descriptions, you are correct.

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Damn, I'm blown away about how Beat LA actually believes he did nothing wrong and it was the other woman's fault regardless of what his "witness" told him. It's scary that we have to share the road with people like this...

16. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Still wondering why he stopped when he saw her coming, speed up and go straight and all this could be avoided? Am I missing something here?

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

There is a chance that she is partly at fault due to speed. There is also a small chance that the intersection would be considered a four way stop even though his route was not direct.

Best case scenario for Beat LA is that they are both at fault in the eyes of insurance companies even though the average person would lay the fault on him.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

My guess is, she probably floored it by accident, instead of braking, when she saw him in the way. That's probably why he's misjudging her actual speed and said she kept going, or something like that.

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Don't you need a cop for that?

Only a video will convince my ClutchFans brethren.

20. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beat LA being cross examined in court.

[​IMG]

Are you sure about that 40 MPH thing?

1 person likes this.