1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Accident Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Duncan McDonuts, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Originally, Witness A told me he had a green light, so she claims to see his light when she's on the other side. I feel she was parked at the gas station because that's the direction she came from after I exited my vehicle.

Her statement to the police is different. Her statement said she was driving westbound and her light was green, inferring the west-east roads had green lights. Total lie because the westbound cars were not moving.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Where is this gas station in relation to the gas station? NE or SE corner?

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

you and witness B are probably not black. essentially you are screwed because all 3 has ganged up on you. the other driver is at fault but now you have a witness and a law enforcement agent working against you.

5. Duncan McDonuts

[​IMG]

Here's a hand-drawn schematic at the time of impact (great photoshop skills). I'm driving the gray box north when the other driver is in the red SUV. Both in our right lanes.

Witness A is the green X.
    Witness B is the blue X.

As I mentioned before, I am unsure of Witness A's view at the time of impact. I am only estimating that is where she came from. All I know is she did not see the eastbound light like she initially stated. Witness B, who was on my side, said he was sitting in his truck and reacted to the accident, but he clearly has a good view of the northbound light.

6. Duncan McDonuts

No, that was the other driver who ran the red light. :)

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In that area, you coulda found a crack ho and paid her 10 bucks to be a tie breaking witness.....

8. codell

But she could have seen the westbound light, which, if green, would have meant the eastbound light was also green right?

9. Duncan McDonuts

Possibly but I looked back after the accident and saw the westbound light was red. Those cars were not moving as I came up to the intersection.

10. codell

Given the intersection (one-way NB/SB and two-way EB/WB), if EB has green, then WB would also and vice-versa. Just making a point that her not being able to see the eastbound light doesn't really matter.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I still think it helps more than it seems, since the cop favored witness A....but i did misread what witness B saw. I thought i read he only thought the light was green, so i was assuming he had almost no credibility compared to the other statement and the POI would shut the door completely.

OP, the phone records will definitely help..

go back and study the lights' sequence...i think i remember something different about those lights because i either ran one myself or almost did because it confused me :eek:

If the westbound traffic wasnt moving, then it's because the eastbound traffic had a green light and a turn signal (to turn north)...it's possible these lights are green+turn in one direction and red in the opposite direction, then they switch. If that's the case, the she has to be lying.

12. codell

Trust me, it doesn't. I have lots of experience in this area.

13. ontherox21

ontherox21 Member

My first accident was in a very similar situation. I was stopped at a red light. The light turns green..I start entering the intersection and t-bone this chick who ran the light. We both pull over. She pleds with me not to call the cops, as she has a few warrants. Out of the wood work, some people come out and say that I ran the red light (no way in hell I ran the light...I was at a complete stop for a whole light cycle). They claimed the same BS argument about what angle I hit her, it had to be my fault. The cop never came as both cars were still able to be driven we went upon our ways and just as they totally pulled a fake ass wittness, I pulled out my own who the insurance belived was more credible. I will say that the color of my skin totally played a role into her so-called witnesses coming forward.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Right, and I understand that. To me, I think she's just making things up. It's pretty much our word against their word at this point, which is why I'm wondering if there's any type of objective evidence to support my case because my light was without a doubt green.

15. codell

Did you say the other vehicle rolled over after you hit it?

16. Duncan McDonuts

Yeah, my collision with it caused it to flip over on its back.