1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela signs 5yr, $80mil deal ($90M w/ incentives) with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jul 27, 2018.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They were last year when you were making the same arguments that the Rockets could not nearbeat Warriors with Capela.

Deckard likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And really, the Rockets have to GET TO THE WARRIORS before they can even match up with them. It is a long season. Wins need to be piled up to get a good seed. Those things matter. So the defense is adjusted to help win those games. And like HP said, they defense gets adjusted again to counter the Warriors.

Just get the wins however you can.

3. basketballholic

They couldn't. And they didn't. We could only beat them when CC sat. ??????? Where have you been?

4. bobrek

Yeah....Clint should have taken a few 3 pointers in the second half. He could not have done any worse.

What is with your inane hatred of Capela?

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

It all boils down to one simple thing: Holic went on record as stating that we'll never make the WCF with Capela as our starting center.

And if you know anything about The Poster Formerly Known as Jopatmc, you know that he never, never, NEVER admits he's wrong (although he certainly has many opportunities).

Consequently, Holic doubled down when we did make the WCF with you-know-who as our center. And now the better Capela plays and the higher he climbs up the ladder of NBA centers, the more Holic rails against him.

It's pretty funny to watch. I'm just waiting till the day his head explodes mid-post.

#445 topfive, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    ElDobleK, Deuce, Deckard and 6 others like this.
  6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Ah yes it’s Capela’s fault CP3 got injured and we went a historic 0-27 from 3 in game 7. Got it.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

in the nba history, every name + vic is a good shooter from the three. I would add vic to Capela: Capelavic.

basketballholic likes this.
  8. basketballholic

My love for winning a championship exceeds any love for any player. What is with your insane love of Capela?

9. basketballholic

Didn't say that nor do I believe that. Another erroneous conclusion arrived at by a nitwit.

10. basketballholic

Points for creativity.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Haha yes how we dare we appreciate an all star caliber center who has shown drastic improvement every year since he entered the league and contributed significantly to a 65 win team that was one CP3 hamstring away from a championship.

The gall we have!

BMoney and clutchdabear like this.
  12. bobrek

I don't have any sort of insane love for any of the players. It's just evident that Clint was not the reason they lost to the Warriors.

BMoney and jcf like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We won't have to play ICE or a Drop because we they don't run PnR against anyone. If your keystrokes are about dreaming up how Kerr will change his system to use Draymond in the low post, well, I think he's smarter than that...so save them.

Just show us video of Draymond in the low post this year....against anyone.

...any one
    ...any one
    ...bueller

Correct. It isn't a system flaw. What you're saying is there is no defense we can play to beat the Warriors, so we need to trade. is that fair?

That's agreeable. I was just correcting your focus on how we will use Capela. That won't change versus GSW no matter who you add to the team. We won't do ICE or drops, like Bzdelik is starting to use against other teams.

Hey, basketballholic, I know your focus is less on system and plays, and you don't study them as much as I do, because you focus on the very important ingredient of Player Acquisition. And fielding the best talent for our system and plays.

I also understand your point about cashing in on Capela, if we can't win with him. But that will only be for a drastic shake-up for a star/superstar. In the meantime, most trade talk appears to be about upgrading the wing, and that need has little to do with how we use Capela in defense vs the Warriors, as it does against other teams.

Deuce likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Where are all the folks that were complaining, now?

Capela was a great signing and he is a great player for this team.

DD

topfive and BigShasta like this.
  15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He’s good, but he could be better if he played more like Hakeem in the paint and developed a 3 point shot.

Bo6 and SWTsig like this.
  16. Newlin

Newlin Member

You hit the nail right on the head. I would encourage everyone to not waste your time with that poster.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well of course, if he could turn into a top 10 player of all time...sure.

DD

18. bobrek

I think your sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Capela is averaging 17/12/2 on 12 shots with good defense in 33 minutes per game @ $15.5m for a veteran team and people are indulging this conversation. Not to mention he has incredible chemistry with the MVP of the NBA. An excellent 2-way player and still 24 years old, tied up for 4 years.

Capela has something beyond talent. It's a kind of meteoric persistence and hard work that is as rare as a 46" vertical. Call it mental athleticism or something. He has it in spades.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. mockster

mockster Member

Basketballholic in here writing novels. Save it for your newsletter bro or book whatever

biff17 likes this.