1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela: Possible trade destinations!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 1, 2019.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Can we trade holic for thon maker

Y2JT and RudyTBag like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

I could see the Lakers being interested. They were after him last summer and could be after him again. If they offered Kuzma, Josh Heart and a pick we need to consider it.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Looking at some prospects at #10, trading Capela to Atlanta for Len and the #10 pick is something they must be seriously considering.

Kabengele - who looks like he will be available at #10 - seems to have the skillset that Morey would like and could fit in as a role player fairly quickly.

As a bonus, he's also Dikembe Mutombo's nephew.

tc0330 likes this.
  4. dream2franchise

I've mentioned his name before and may even dedicate a post to it, but if the team wants to get into the draft using Clint, then Capela for Bam Adebayo, James Johnson and the #13 pick is a good bet.

Bam's skillset as a passer and ball handler are so special for his size. Clint's been improving his passing on the short roll, but Adebayo has such a nice feel for the game, and is much more mobile than Clint. We can play him against anyone.

Oh and the lob game will not be an issue.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  5. dream2franchise

Oh and peep his defense on Steph at the 40 second mark:

fckbandwagons and withmustard like this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This is how I feel about CP3 …. when you are getting "The Real CP3" for 12 minutes a game while Harden is off the court.

Then in the other 20 minutes he shares the court with Harden you are getting just a guy - mediocre shooter , mediocre rebounder , poor to middling defender who cant stay in front of anyone …. You can do more with that $40m than that.

Capela gets outplayed by Green ….. no shame in that , He's a first ballot HOF'er. Much like Harden , Green has changed the way the game / position is played. He's the prototype 4/5 now. I hate that guy ….. because he doesn't play for the Rockets.

7. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

As much as Capela has improved each year, trading him seems pretty dumb to me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Calling Chris Paul a poor to middling defender is so incorrect I don't know where to start. He is still an elite defensive PG.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

There's no way in hell Miami trades Bam for Capela, let alone with other pieces (although one sucks). They didn't even trade him for Butler...they won't move him unless they get back a superstar.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

some elements of his defense are elite but others are trash(eg cant stay in front of the quicker ppl) so in general hes hardly elite

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It would have to be for something that upgrades the team and i think its gonna be hard to find the right deal. As you know Clint was also our 2nd leading scorer last year. Folks need tp remember how raw he was coming into the league. Hes come a long way.

But if you can get someone with little to no drop off and a good pick that you could use to draft or trade for another star, then i guess you'd at least have to consider it.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting stuff

Rocket River

13. basketballholic

No. I'm worth more that that. But we could trade you for a big wheel or something.

IBTL likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but no way will Miami trade Bam Adebayo, Unless maybe for a very high draft pick or no-BS All Star, something along those lines. They've kept him out of trades before, from what I gather,

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

na capela gotta go. his offense can be recreated by someone else. but his defense needs to be upgraded. no room in this game for softies, especially at center.

16. markelliott1997

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No , he's not …. He struggles to stay in front of guys.

He was at one time an elite defender …. He aint no more , he's average at best.

Yeah , he's still a smart player and solid help defender but you aren't going to tell me he's elite one on one defender. That ship sailed.

He's clearly lost a step …. need more evidence than the fact that when he gets isolated offensively on bigs he isn't blowing by them for a layup , he's taking that high arching jumper ?

18. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

19. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

20. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Put Clint in China. :rolleyes: