1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela Has Made Dwight Obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dwight has made Dwight obsolete.

Hasn't improved anything in his game in over a decade in the league. And actually regressed from subpar to terrible in FTs.

Now that his athleticism is lessening, he has little-to-no skill to fall back on.

Dwight is saving something for the playoffs though. Maybe.

2. basketballholic

I have never said Dwight was worth his max. Never. In fact I was the first one to start a poll this season about Dwight's contract because I clearly felt he was not worth anything close to $30 million per season and his cap hold is/was going to really drag on our cap and I knew re-signing him was going to be a huge flash point for us.

This thread isn't about that. This thread states Capela has made Dwight obsolete. I'm simply pointing out what a farce that is. Capela has done nothing this year. He hasn't added one single skill upgrade from last season. And in fact you could make a good case that he has regressed. His best moments have come when he played the 4 alongside................The guy that shine posters think he is making obsolete.

Does anybody watch the games? And if you do watch the games do you actually watch our guys defend? Because if you watch the games and you watch our guys defend you can clearly see Capela has not made Dwight obsolete. You can clearly see that Capela needs either Dwight or JSmoove alongside him for him to have any positive defensive effect.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Yes, I watch the games on tape delay and rewind on key possessions. I see D12 extending little effort at 30 plus to jump a 2nd time and rebound or block a shot. His recovery from PnR to the paint is like watching paint dry. His stats come from playing with a better defensive team than Capela does. You totally ignored the fact that D12 plays most of his minutes with a better defensive team.

Dwight vs Capela (D12 better as you say)- Give Capela starter minutes with a better defensive team and then evaluate the numbers.
    James vs. Brewer (Brewer)
    Pat vs. Terry (Pat all day)
    Trevor vs. Brewer (Stop it)
    Dmo vs. Beasley (push)

4. basketballholic

LOL. Capela has played more minutes alongside Ariza and Beverley than any other 2 teammates not named Harden.

5. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

Is it safe to assume that basketballholic is a bona-fide DOF?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

None of this matters, Dwight is gone - we need to play the guys that will be here next year.

DD

7. dmoneybangbang

That's dumb, we are still battling for a playoff spot.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Lol yeah anyone on this team can traded in a flash, or not have their team option picked up. Gotta go with who is there today until season is over

9. DaDakota

Play the guys that are going to be here, and will play hard, leaves Dwight out.

DD

10. dmoneybangbang

Agenda agenda agenda agenda.

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How much would you be willing to pay Dwight?

12. DaDakota

Truth truth truth truth.

The AGENDA is wanting the Rockets to win.

DD

13. rockets13champs

U think parsons and dwight go to orlando?

14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Capela has played way better since his return from the ASG. He was thrown into the fire earlier into the season when he was starting and playing the 4.

Let's hope he works real hard this summer. Next season we can decide he has "regressed" like some posters in here are spouting off about.

15. dmoneybangbang

I think they'll go to who ever offers them the most money.

16. dmoneybangbang

First of all, I'd never question your agenda for the Rockets to win.

The speculation becoming opinion becoming hyperbole becoming gospel just really detracts from your overall take.

This season has been a myriad of issues that were self-inflicted by the organization from players, staff, to front office and just plain bad luck. There's no sugar coating how disappointing this season has been but let's not lose sight of the bigger picture; we are still relatively young, we have good talent, we will/can have flexibility, and we have a top 10 player.

I realize that sounds like can kicking to you, but the alternative is kicking the draft can. Either way you are kicking cans; swinging and missing at times, making base hits on occasion, and seldemly hit a home run.

17. DaDakota

Hey we agree, I am just saying that since we know Dwight is leaving, and CLEARLY is not motivated to play the position we need him to play alongside Harden, it would be better off moving on without him.

Because.

1. If we make the playoffs Clint needs the experience.

or

2. We don't we get a draft pick and again Clint gets experience.

I don't want to see Dwight pouting, or pushing opponents making the same childish mistakes he has made his entire 11 year career.

The Rockets have an identity when he is out and Harden is in dominating the ball, the lane is open, the team plays harder, it is a much better flow.

Let's get that flow started now.

DD

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

lol ,time to delete this thread

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Clint is not ready yet... He needs 1 or 2 more years before he can be handed the keys...

Howard skills and athleticism are diminishing, but he played tonight. The fact is this team has no chemistry what so ever....

T_Man

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's not as good as Howard yet

Quit deluding yourselves