1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela Has Made Dwight Obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

to punish the rockets, if diwght leaves i hope he does start togive a **** again and beast against us. its only fair after how he's been treated this season.

dwight >>>>>>>>>>>>> capela. all capela has on him is his skinny sf frame that will get abused to death

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lol someone from this thread just called in to Pallilo.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Fair enough. I still don't think Capela can start on a regular basis. But Dwight for Steven Adams or Whiteside (yes I've broken down) or DeMarcus Cousins, or even Asik back.. Whoever the best 5s that Dwight can fetch back would do better than his pouting. Ya know?..

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I believe he's a UFA

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

How many times a game do the announcers say "and Dwight made him change his shot..."?
    D12 is still respected in the league (if not on Clutchfans) as a defender and people are mindful of his presence... Capella - not so much... people drive on Capella constantly, so he has many more opportunities to get blocks - due to lack of respect...
    I'm a big fan of capella and I hope he continues to improve so he can be a starter at some point... he's just not there yet...
    As for Dwight... wait and see how great he plays next year - elsewhere... and then ask yourself why we didn't get him playing at that level THIS year...

1 person likes this.
  7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

anyone know if the swiss basketball team qualified for the olympics?

8. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

And the ball looks good coming out of his hands. I think he will be around a 60 plus percent free throw shooter after all is said and done.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's got a players option. But if he can't get any offers if he opts out and say the Rockets can do a sign and trade which means the Rockets can get a decent 5 plus take on some bad contracts. This is the most probable situation Dwight's agent is looking for. Rox sign him for a $25 million per year contract and trades to a team looking to unload some bad contracts along with comparable target big man in return they do it just for the incentive to unload as well. DMo and other restricted free agents would be gone. Probably Beasley too, which is stupid, but he has a team option as to make room for the bad contracts.

I'd prefer to let Dwight walk and take chances from there.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't even know the Swiss had a basketball team......LOL. I just figured Clint got his experience outside Switzerland.

11. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Agree with what you wrote. Interestingly this morning van grundy said that Capela was a starting center now. Given that he's 21 and centers develop more slowly, there's a lot to be excited about with Capela.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clint Capela is a good player. Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson have stated that he is a starting caliber C in the NBA. It boggles my mind that folks that consistently watch the Rockets can under/over rate Clint Capela. He is not Dwight, but he IS a good player, and he just might fit our team better in some ways. He is still so young and another year in the weight room and on the free throw line will do wonders.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Van Gundy is wrong. Capella fouled out at just over 20 minutes of play. That's terrible and he still can't hold his ground. He got lucky against mountain centers like Adams and Kanter.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight is a better rebounder than Capela. They are very similar on defense right now. I don't think there is a need to say Dwight is obsolete - you need two centers. But whether to sign Dwight in the office season - I wouldn't unless it's on the cheap.

If Dwight was smart, he'd opt-in but I do hope he doesn't

15. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

The problem is, they'll run a high PnR, and Dwight will hover around the 3 pt line while his man is already underneath the basket.

16. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Is there any good explanation for why he does this?

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good question:cool:

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Bad awareness. The man is bone on bone with the knees so it might be harder for Dwight to change directions so quickly these days.

19. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I don't think it matter as much since our defense has trouble rotating anyways. JB needs to tighten up this defense.

Here some of his D from the last game as an example.

Start at 3:56.

Even when he gets back in defense, he looks like he's running on heels.

[Youtube]KLJhyBivzMI[/YouTube]

20. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

he's slow.