1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela has a broken fibula

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RobKsports, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

I didn't say he would get minutes at the 5. I said he would get more minutes.
    Nene can't play heavy minutes, he hasn't even played B2Bs.
    Harrell hasn't played heavy minutes yet, will he be conditioned for it?.
    Onuaku probably won't be ready yet for extensive time.
    So that means Anderson will play a lot of 5.
    Which leaves Dekker, Ariza and Wiltjer at 4.

2. jayfree

jayfree Member

Nene just played a back to back against NO and Minn. He played a total of 22 minutes but he did play. He can spell about half of what Capela's minutes were but we still need a band aid for the other 10 minutes missing (which I think we can find). I have a feeling putting Anderson at the 5 for about 5-10 minutes a game can fuel him to play better, have more open jumpers and get him more engaged getting rebounds on defense.

3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe the ave player only misses 19 games with a broken fibula. That's only about a month. The Texans have guys out for longer than that with sprains, strains, and contusions.

6. joomba

joomba Member

acquire another C, now!

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

I knew we'd miss him. Looks like we're missing him even more than I thought we would.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Tough situation to be in. If he was out for the season, then we'd make a big move, probably. But since it's only for about 2 months, any trade that we do for a big, might upset our current chemistry. People are mentioning Ibaka and Chandler, but we'd have to give up something substantial for them.

And I dunno if the Rockets should do that, just to fill a void for 2 months.

9. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

yea ik it sucks but the only move I think is realistic is kj for WCS

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just for 2 months? Maybe, until Nene gets hurt playing too many minutes. And Rockets should not be looking for a fill in anyway, they should be looking for an upgrade and/or an edge in the playoffs.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Some may remember I broke both several years ago in Amsterdam when a taxi hit me and stopped with it's tire on my foot and I fell over. Semi-crushed foot too but not near as bad as you'd expect. The tibia and fibula both snapped in half though so they had to put a lot of hardware in there and it took me 9 months to recover from sufficiently that I could get around without a wheelchair and a year before I was in a walking boot and off crutches. I can never bowl again because of it. My ankle's too stiff because I wasn't vigilant about physical therapy (because I was always incredibly tired and didn't yet know that was from chronic, late-stage Lyme disease) and I'm too scared of snapping it because they wouldn't have any bone to screw into.

Granted I was already in my 40's and I haven't exactly treated my body as a temple, but if he comes back from a broken fibula or tibia in 6 weeks it's going to blow me away personally.

It reminds me of the Louis C.K. bit where he goes to the doctor and the doctor gives him some instructions and he says for how long and the doctor says forever and Louie says "If I were a professional athlete you could fix this." And the doctor says, "You are NOT a professional athlete."

Mathloom and Tha_Dude like this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You are correct again Carl. If he was truly a hard man he would find another bone to use.

13. Batman Jones

When that happened there was a fund to help with my medical bills and several of my Clutchfans brethren and even some with whom I'd fought in the D&D (when I went there - I long since stopped - I'm a GARM-only-fan with an occasional glance at the Hangout) gave to it. bigtexxx and I were at each other's throats a lot of the time back then but he gave to my fund and I was really moved by that. This is a special community Clutch and friends have built.

Nook, davidio840, ClutchCity3 and 9 others like this.
  14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

That's very awesome, man. I haven't been with this community for very long but its stories like yours that will keep me here and I wish you Happy Holidays, Batman.

D-rock and Batman Jones like this.
  15. Batman Jones

Back at you, brother.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum, man. I feel for you. We share the same tire on the foot experience though.

Mine was when the cab tried to roll out and the tire landed one of my feet.

Screaming helped alot. Car rolled over the foot and stopped.

I got away with a minor bruise. You got a lot worse.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

kevtse likes this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I broke the tibia/fibula as well after being struck by a car...good times. I was in a full leg cast for like 4 weeks, then a cast to the knee for 6, then a walking boot for another 6 or so. Granted I was like 10 years old, it never affected me long term. I was back to playing soccer in a year with no physical therapy and since then I've had no issues with it...though I like to blame it for my lack of vertical... :D

19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

I'm a bit surprised, but shouldn't be with Harrell's play lately and actually a strength of both him and Nene is the pick and roll. We'll be fine! Tyson Chandler is not the player he used to be, that's for sure too.