1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can't watch the Rockets or Astros games from home? Sign the Petition!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by studogg, Jan 19, 2013.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I'm with ya, these kids have a chance to be really good in a couple of years!

The bandwagon will fill up quick when it happens

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Petition? All that's garbage. - Thaddeus Brown

Thanks for telling all now a petition wouldn't do ****, ha.

3. Buck Turgidson

Ehh, CenTex is a bandwagon area. They're Cowboy fans most of the time, Texans fans now that they're good, they were Rockets fans in the 90's, Spurs fans for the past 15 years or so, Astros fans for more than a decade in the 90's-00's, and now everyone is a Rangers fan. It'll be amazing how quickly things change once a team starts being successful again.

4. The Beard

Yea maybe, but if they can't watch the Astros, they won't be jumping on in central Texas

5. Buck Turgidson

CSN will fold and they'll both be back with Fox within 6 months. Just my wild-ass speculation.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The loss of face will be unbearable for them if that happens. Someone will be left holding the bag. I'm looking at you Tad Brown!

7. The Beard

There certainly has been news out that csn is struggling, so I don't think your speculation is that wild.

I also wonder if we aren't seeing the end of regional sports networks as we know them. I'm not sure this is just a "Houston" thing as much as a "we aren't paying huge money" for regional sports contracts anymore thing.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, that's just because that area is notoriously bandwagony when it comes to pro teams.