1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cancel Lebron..The Rockets need to focus on Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, May 29, 2018.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Like i said, we dont need another choker.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

What are Paul George's options?

Woj: Like LeBron James, any place he'd tell a team I'd like to come, they'd create salary cap space for him. OKC has done a great job selling him a future there. He liked playing with Westbrook, Adams & Donovan. They have a real opportunity to keep him but the Lakers are home. He grew up in LA & when he left Indiana, his plan was he'd be in LA in a year. Credit OKC for turning his head on that. Philadelphia, he fits right in. Houston will be aggressive to see if there's a way to get him there. At this point in his career, he has to pick winning. That's his focus. That'll be his legacy in the league.

What is the outlook for the Thunder?

Bobby Marks: Expensive. You add Paul George at his $30M slot, that is a salary with luxury tax of $260M, not even factoring in putting some pieces together. The likely odd man out will be Jerami Grant. Bringing Grant back on a $10M contract will cost an additional $40M in luxury tax. We could see the first $300M team this offseason. I've been told by people close to the organization they're willing to pay a luxury tax there. Will they pay it to bring back Jerami Grant. It's one thing for Paul George, another for a $10M player.

Woj: The most intriguing scenario remains him partnering with LeBron in Los Angeles. Paul George alone doesn't make them a contender but partnering with LeBron, walking through the door, there's an easy pathway for the Lakers to get cap space. That'll be a conversation those guys will have as we get closer to July.

Deuce, Vivi and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Lakers still have to move off the Deng contract before any 2 max slot situation is possible there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

They can just stretch him.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If LeBron and a +1 are on their way, stretching Deng basically hamstrings them for the rest of LeBron's late prime.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Does George care about winning? What legacy?

Dude has been a baby about moving home for 4 years.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

If the reports are accurate, PG was laser-focused on the Lakers even before this season. Assuming that's true, I'm pretty sure you can conclude winning was/is not high on his list of priorities.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

PG to LA seems like a lock...I view LeThanos to Houston as more realistic by a pretty decent margin

Lakers were coming off 26 wins, and PG still wanted to be traded there

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don't think he wants to win. The LA draw is that big. Maybe he wants to resurrect a legendary franchise. But I don't think he wants a ring THAT bad.

banzai and RyanB like this.
  10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Lol, my thought exactly.

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Maybe CC, Ryno and EG for PG and Melo?

Hahahhahahahaha JK

clos4life, hakeem94 and joshuaao like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Woj just said this on the draft special

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I see no mention of him enjoying Carmelo

RyanB likes this.
  14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

http ://bleacherreport.com/articles/2779691-paul-george-rumors-rockets-to-court-hard-as-thunder-remain-interested

15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

wont be any easier or cheaper getting PG instead of lebron

16. hakeemthagreat

If PG is smart he's coming to Houston. We are the best organization future wise, not to mention the city embracing its superstars...

17. Fantasma Negro

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cancel LeBron & Paul George ... They're focused on going to LA.

Time to run it back as one.

clos4life and ryano2009 like this.
  19. hakeemthagreat

These new generation guys are more in love with the attention than they are about winning rings. Nothing in this interview tells me he's thinking about winning or competing for a championship

everyday eddie likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I have to say, George might be a better fit here, but i think Butler might be a guy more focused on win, i can actually see him not giving a **** about being in L.A and stuff like that so...if we somehow end up with getting him in a year, i'd be fine with that.

Lol at that answer about Lebron to OKC.