1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cancel Lebron..The Rockets need to focus on Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, May 29, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unless PG is open to playing for an exception, which I find astronomically unlikely, this is not going to happen. Of course, I thought missing 27 3 pointers would be astronomically unlikely.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually the odds were 1 in 72,000. Deserves its own thread

RyanB, lw17, J Sizzle and 1 other person like this.
  3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I been saying this since February. The Rockets need to focus on Paul George. I still want the Rockets to keep Ariza as a back up small forward, he will help the bench a lot, especially defensively. The only players that need to go this off-season are Ryan Anderson, and Nene. But yeah the Rockets need to get Paul George he is the better option.

4. adoo

adoo Member

rumors abound that PG is working out w B Ingram

FWIW, there is Mutual dislike between LA & CP3

5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

CP3 found a home and his money is here. He's not going anywhere with the supermax here. PG is definitely going to the Lakers unless he comes here in an opt-in and trade. I don't see it happening with Presti.

saleem likes this.
  6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Ariza played great ball all year long. Im not understanding these knee jerk reactions after losing game 7 with CP3 injured. When the team was fully healthy they barely lost....talk about losing perspective..

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Buy leborn or AD

8. MyLateRegistration

Ariza is just an inconsistent 3PT shooter who can't drive or create for others. When he shoots no one expects the ball to go in. You are happy if it's goes in.

lw17 likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I have little confidence in him, after his atrocious Game 6 performance against the Utah Jazz.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We had an unfit Luc too, who is better than Andre, plus CP3 for the last 2 games.
    I do want to add Lebron to the Rockets though.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What exactly did PG13 show you this year that was worth NOT PURSUING LEBRON

Rocket River

adw, D-rock and arubato like this.
  13. arubato

arubato Member

Scoring 5 points in an elimination game.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He had a rather pedestrian year . . .. . . .nothing special

Rocket River

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Shrute Bucks!!! o_O

[​IMG]

;)

Clutch likes this.
  16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If George can be sold on the Rockets, he has a player option just like LeBron and just like CP3 last summer. Opting in is a very real possibility if it's a situation he likes... and assuming Houston takes care of CP3 this summer, I think it'll be a nice display of trust around the league that Daryl's word is good if he says he'll take care of you the following summer.

In some ways, I actually think a George trade is easier than a LeBron deal. Because with the LeBron trade, there's the issue of finding a taker for Ryan Anderson that has to be addressed. With PG, if he opts in, Gordon + Nene works under the cap. Much simpler. And if you're OKC, with Westbrook signed to a max deal in the prime of his career, getting EG is probably a better scenario than watching George go to LA for zero compensation.

All that said, you'd have to convince George to come here. And there's also the possibility that Presti would play hardball with Houston and refuse to deal, particularly after Durant's exit from OKC created the first superteam. But on paper, there's a pathway that makes sense.

Why not? and Deuce like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Another restricted FA is Aaron Gordon. Can defend 1-5, improved 3 ball, another facilitator and can create his own shot.

Can also play small ball 5.

Why not? and tycoonchip like this.
  18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I've been high on this guy for a while. He also has the strength and power to force his will into the paint. He also has the physical ability to stay in front of Durant. The guy is young and has huge upside. I think a few hours with Dream in shot blocking classes, this guy will be a beast in our system. Paul g is definitely someone we can rely on defense but I don't think he is someone I would depend on to be a second option scorer.

Why not? and D-rock like this.
  19. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Lol you really think Orlando is going to let a kid with his degree of talent go??? While were at it, why dont we trade for joel embiid too, i hear hes pretty good as well. Maybe we can also convince the suns to give us devin booker, he can develop into a better version of klay thompson....

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

PG shoots better than 40 percent from 3 and he mostly plays off the ball. He would be the ideal fit for us but Lebron is available, you take Lebron because he is still one of the best 3 players that has ever played the game.