1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can you take much more of this stress? (Asking for a friend)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 24, 2018.

1. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Games 4 and 5, I couldn’t breathe. Screaming at the tv, jumping up and down, fist pumping exactly like T-Mac after he went 13 in 33, cursing at every GS player. Game 6, I’m on vacation with my 3 and 1 year old in a hotel ughhhhh I have to be quiet. Well, maybe not if they win. I’ll wake up the whole GD hotel lol. That being said, bc everything is stacked against us in game 6, I don’t feel the anxiety I did before games 4 and 5. If the Rockets win tonight, awesome, but even without CP3 (if he can’t play and the series goes 7), I like our chances at home for a game 7, the crowd will be insane. I’m looking at this game as one that would be incredible to win, but we’ve got one more at home if we need it... so not quite as nervous as the past few games. Go Rockets!!!

Reeko, Os Trigonum and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

What i would do for a win tonight.

There is a legitimate chance that if i ever sought a high position in the federal government I would be denied a security clearance for fear that I would be an easy target for blackmail.

That's what I would do for a win tonight.

bilaal14 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

I’m hype but this is nothing compared to the astros playoffs so far.

Ubiquitin and Rock Block like this.
  4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Ditto, That run was psycho stress from hell.

I was 25 when we made our first of two chip runs and I literally couldn't concentrate on anything other than when the next game was and making sure NOTHING got in my way of planting my ass for that tip time.

There was no social media, no hot take shows, no Twitter, no nothing You read newspaper columns, maybe some Westwood 1 or Sporting News radio or else you had to sit and revel in your own thoughts and nervousness of what was coming.....

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing to remember is Houston teams never make it easy...

CCity Zero and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the entire 4th Q of game 5 till the buzzer i was standing 3 feet in front of the big screen nonstop without moving once

napalm06 likes this.
  7. Rocketsfan3422

Ima tell you guys how i manage my stress...i have nba.com in one tab, clutchfans in the next..... And tnt in another. After a play happens i tab over to nba(because it refreshes faster then tnt) and then tab back to game. During time outs i f5 clutchfans to read comments. During some really nerve racking times I just f5 clutchfans to see your reactions first before i get to see it on tnt. Its worked for me. Thanks clutchfAns

CCity Zero and weakfromtoday like this.
  8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I like Rockets games where they are up by 20 or so going into the fourth quarter and the closest the game gets is 10 pts. I like to see Joe Chee and gang play the last few minutes.

napalm06 and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope this is like Game 2, not 3.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was too. I've lived many lives since then...But, it seems like yesterday...esp. right now.

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Damn I hope Harden meets the challenge today. If there was ever a game that could put a stamp on his MVP season, it would be this one.

DreamShook likes this.
  12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't know how you started calm after the Livingston foul to extend the game, then the missed free throw by CP3 to leave the door open, and the wide open corner three by Curry. My jaw was clenched the entire time .

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was actually at Oracle for game 4 and I was in almost dreamlike state.

Watching GSW fans go from euphoria to complete pandemonium, it was beautiful.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm so glad this series is over Monday, it's been too much.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It was stressful but I feel like the Rockets are playing with house money now that CP3 is out. I feel like we at least...at the very least, exposed this team.

I want the win BAD...even if we lose in the finals...just to expose this fraud team and cupcake Durant.

RyanB and D-rock like this.
  16. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Yes, me too.

Not worse than the Astros World Series. That World Series almost killed me.

D-rock likes this.
  17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Guess it depends on what you root for. I love the Stros but baseball just can’t stress me out like this game.