1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can you take much more of this stress? (Asking for a friend)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 24, 2018.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm chillin like a mofo.

Game could be delayed into June.

downloadfile.gif

D-rock and SamFisher like this.
  2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I literally hyperventilated during the last 5 minutes of Game 4. I could not believe that after going down 10 at the end of the 3rd, at Oracle, with Curry getting hot, were were going to pull it out. Refused to believe it until halfway through the quarter. And then our guys just fought and fought and boxed out and grabbed rebounds and contested everything, and I started to believe. And then I was just freaked out for the last minutes because at that point, it was our game to lose.

What I would really love is for the Rockets to be like Rafael Nadal. In tennis, when you root for a guy like Andy Murray, it's hell, because he whines and relapses and chokes a lot. You feel like you have to transfer your energy and will to him (which, of course, we can't). But when you root for a guy like Nadal, it's so easy. Because with every shot he takes, with his discipline and consistency and will, he conveys that he wants to win worse than you do. And you just know he'll do everything he can to make it happen. And when you know that, you can sit back and marvel at the athlete's will, and enjoy watching him take it as far as he can.

I would really love the Rockets to be that kind of team. Chris Paul, much more so than James Harden, feels like that kind of player. PJ Tucker feels like that kind of player. Eric Gordon, sometimes yes, sometimes no. There are times like Game 4 when I see it. But then there are times like Game 3, where I watch them roll over and die, and I wonder why I'm more willing to show up than they are. If they play Game 5 like Game 4, I might start to relax.

D-rock, da_juice, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  3. solid

solid Contributing Member

At least we have a "dog in the fight." For most fans around the nation, the season is over.

da_juice, mikol13 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apparently you're just making an empirical statement of fact: you have a good feeling. so f*ck @DreamShook , what the hell say does he have over your feelings

fryjol7, DreamShook and topfive like this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I sleep fine after a loss, I’m just usually pissed.

Cannot sleep to save my life after a win. I get so amped up that I want all things post victory news.

I’ve pretty much been freaking out ever since the game 4 victory because I can actually taste the finals. Hope. Hope. Hope.

“Heating up” I see you, Sam

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

@topfive's_gf and I drove 2 hours to Portland to watch the game with @Pizza_Da_Hut. Afterwards, I was hitting Clutchfans so hard on my phone that it seemed like the drive home took 5 minutes. o_O

D-rock, alethios and heypartner like this.
  8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I can take any amount of stress for a championship.

9. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

"stay calm" the 2018 clutchfans motto

D-rock and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

so if I say I've been on a streak of good feelings since the first game of the regular season (you do the math), I'm safe because all I'm doing is commenting on how many games straight I've had a good feeling. A 96 game good feelings streak.

#50 Os Trigonum, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

My heart was still pounding for about an hour after game 4. And I'm relatively calm during the games. I was just so nervous those last few minutes.

SamFisher likes this.
  12. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm already a high strung individual with manic like highs and lows. My roommate is a Caps fan (I live in DC). So its been a roller coaster emotionally during the playoffs. The suspense is killing me

SamFisher likes this.
  13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

@FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  14. Game7

Game7 Member

I can't afford this to go to 7 games. Emotionally or financially (not because I bet but I attend every home game and require alcohol to calm myself), these playoffs are killing me.

SamFisher and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Do you, Os. You really shouldn't be worried about all this stuff. I got you. I'm here for all of you.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Stay tuned.

If we're lucky, we may not need to check the mercury for another few weeks.

Let's call it back burner for now.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

aside from having premature gray hair ...I'm ok

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ok, I'm drunk. Let's do this...

gifford1967 likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol

20. alethios

alethios Member

You mean weed is not legal in your state? Sorry bro, I'm staying demented this entire playoffs.

Plowman likes this.