1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can you be a true Rockets fan and also root for the Spurs as your 2nd favorite team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tanviraman, May 16, 2008.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There is no such thing as your "2nd favorite team," in my opinion. If they aren't the Rockets, screw them.

2. dlite316

dlite316 Member

i m a Rocket man

3. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Agreed.

After we were eliminated, I became a disinterested fan. But I freely admit to rooting for the Lakers against the Jazz, and for the Spurs against the Hornets. Anybody against the Jazz is sort of like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I just can't stand Utah! I do admire (or envy) the Spurs as the "other Texas team" in the hunt. Don't count the Mavericks - see my comments about the Jazz.

If the Spurs don't pull it off against NO, then I'll again be a very disinterested fan - the only reason to ever root for LA is they played Utah. And there is no reason to cheer for NO - they just don't stir my interest. Just as there is no interest, on my part, in any team from the East.

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont get it why the hate to other cities of Texas, well, maybe I dont get it, because Im not from US.
    But I understand the hate to the Mavericks, Jazz, and Fakers, (in basketball)
    but some of you hate those cities (not only the team)

I dont mind when the spurs win the championships, for me its better that the spurs win an NBA title over teams like: Mavs, Jazz, Fakers.
    I dont know why but I dont like Lebron James, and I hope he never gets an NBA championship, well maybe I dont like him, because he is arrogant and all that.

5. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

good for you!!!

next, you have to hit the "CAPS LOCK" button which is oriented to the left of your keyboard..
    after that, make the font normal in size so that you don't look like a total egomaniac..

plan B:
    hit ALT + F4 ..

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there's tons of intrastate rivalries in texas, especially college sports.

however, specifically for the Rockets and the Spurs there has been some beef.

i hate the city based on my own experiences there. i have friends there and would rather them visit me than me driving up to san antonio.

7. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

I am a Rockets fan through and through.

The Spurs reside in the same state and has more championships but we are and forever will remain the original Clutch City! Back to back titles is something the Spurs have not accomplished.

I do like how the Spurs have put together quality and successful squads from the David Robinson to Tim Duncan era something which continue to be a work in progress in Houston.

8. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

I wonder if all the Rockets fans that are also Spurs bandwagon fans, are nervous about tonights game? I would love to see them lose so we have one underdog team in the conference finals.

9. ibm

ibm Member

underdog? thought the spurs are the lower seed. lol.

10. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

Come on, no one expected the Hornets to be where they are. Many even picked the Mavs to beat them and almost everyone picked the Spurs before they won the first 2 games of the series.

Stein: Even if they pull out this Game 7, chances are that the Hornets will be no less of an underdog than they were going into the second round, when nine of ESPN.com's 10 experts picked San Antonio.

#70 tanviraman, May 19, 2008
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  11. abita

abita Member

i am from NO. Go hornets :cool: beat the spur tonight :D

12. AXG

AXG Member

My second favorite team since 2004 has been the Detroit Pistons. I like their style of play (tough defense and spread out offense). Plus, they are in the East. The Rockets and Pistons only meet twice a year.

13. parlaynhustle

parlaynhustle Contributing Member

i hate both teams but i hate new orleans even more after this season so i want spurs to win

14. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

There is no such thing as a 2nd favorite team.

Rockets stand alone.

15. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i've never been as big a lakers fan as i am right now. f the spurs.

16. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Yes we have a rivalry with the Spurs, but if we can't win it all, then I rather have a Texas team do it. We could say the same for Dallas, except Cuban is such a dildo that you really can't root for them.

17. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

LOLZZZZZZZ

I LUV THE SPUURRSSS!!!!!

Since the rockets got BEAT all I cheer for is the SPurz!!!!

THEY are the better team LOLZ!!!!!

I do not like the stupid rocketz anymorez cuz the spurZ are the bestestz!!!!

GO SPURZZZZ ZGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I wont get on somebody else for doin it, but i could never root for another team besides tha rockets.

Lakers-Jazz and Suurs-Hornets was a win-win situation for me. I could care less who won, but smiled/laughed at tha loser

19. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

I cheer for the Spurs as well but when they lose I can still sleep well at night.

20. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

the spurs are gai but Texas>rest of the 49 states

TEXAS FO LIFE.