1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Can we talk about the streak... so it can STOP!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by K-Low_4_Prez, Dec 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Mr Chuck Norris

**** them. That's how I feel

2. Mr Chuck Norris

Speaking of Streaks, Brock Lesnar came back to Raw Monday....Streak guaranteed to end this week

3. the shark

the shark Member

If I'm not mistaken they have also beaten Portland (away) and the Clippers. After tonights gm against Memphis they will have also played 15 gms on the road and only 9 at home.

4. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Last night I dreamed the Warriors ran for Presidency and won.

My dream journal tells me that this streak is destined to last forever.

In fact, their winning streak will loop around and take over past years' records as well.

5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Man, I hope they don't catch up to Houston's longest, err, 3rd longest win streak in NBA history. Who cares? It's not a true record they'd be breaking if they pass Houston. No way they get to 33.

6. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

warriors who?

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

They got extremely lucky playing us both times without dwight. Both games were tight until the 4th quarter despite all of our injuries. I'm salivating for the next match up once were healthy.

8. underrated015

underrated015 Member

in memphis . without bogut.. hard to win out there. i say they lose tonight.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm pretty certain you guys are doing it wrong.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is all true. And Curry's numbers are "clearly" better than Harden's. With the exception of rebounding and blocks, Curry's per36 are better than Harden's across the board, and he's more efficient. It's not as clear on a per 100 possession basis, but still Curry comes out ahead.

But of course, the big thing to consider isn't really SOS or whether the media loves them.

It's his teammates. Klay has gone from a 14.3 PER (effectively an AVERAGE player) to a 20.2 PER. His per36 stats are up across the board and he's shooting better.

And of course Draymond Green... who isn't an all star or anything, but, especially of late, has really come on... AND, importantly, as his minutes/usage has gone up to 33 mpg (basically the same as Steph's and Klay's) from 18, he's taking minutes from David Lee. It's folly to look at the David Lee injury... because Lee's strength was in no way what the team needs, especially with Klay being so much better. Lee's strength is offense. He's a good rebounder, and even there it is partly on the basis of him being a great offensive rebounder. Defensively, though, last year at a 103 rating was his best year.

Enter Green. He had a defensive rating even in limited minutes last year of 98. He was at 102 as a rookie (eg. better than Lee has ever been). He is at 96 this year. He's not the rebounder that Lee is, but his per 36 defensive rebounding stats are basically the same as Lee was last year. So he's a better defender and an equal defensive rebounder. He's not as prolific a scorer, but his TS% of 58% this year is better than Lee's been since 09/10, and he's doing it while being a much much better 3 point shooter, which is helping them spread the floors. So now they are more efficient offensively.

13 points, 8 boards, 3 assists with 36% three point shooting while being a really good defender. People are all excited about DMo. And he's been much improved. He's not been Draymond Green improved.

So the only thing you can do then is say, what if you replaced Harden and Curry. Well, you can't really do that since they don't play the same positions.

All I can feel really really good about saying is that Steph Curry is freaking amazing and James Harden is really amazing. I THINK James Harden carries a bigger burden, and I KNOW that has been especially true this year.

The Rockets, theoretically, have room to improve. The Warriors... I'm not so sure. I think getting Lee back is a negative move. The loss of Bogut hurts a bit for sure. If the Warriors could turn David Lee into a Gourgi Dieng... man they'd be scary scary scary. I don't think the Twolves do that, since it'd be a dumb trade for them... but the Warriors need to do something like that.

I think the Warriors regress a bit over the next month... but this team is REALLY good.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Only when it comes to the Rockets. Every other team that won 19+ consecutive also won the Finals same season.

13. scottie brooks

Good going, brah. You just anti-jinxed your own jinx. You nixed your jinx.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Didn't help that a ridiculous percentage of our salary was out with injury and we ended up with an unfavorable matchup vs. the jazz

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The Rockets didn't have Yao in the playoffs. If they did, they would have gone very far during that season.

Warriors will go far if they avoid OKC in the first round.

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

This is kinda win-win for us. If GS loses then they finally get a loss and lose their streak as their entering a tough couple of weeks in their schedule, if Memphis loses we gain a game on the team we're chasing for 1st place in our division.

I really don't know who to cheer for tonight.

17. NotChandlerParsons

Kerr is some real great company here...

[​IMG]

18. lalala902102001

Memphis hasn't looked very good in their last two games -- two very lucky OT wins against bad teams coming from behind.

I think the streak continues tonight.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I always respect winning streaks. It just takes a lot of focus and execution to accomplish it. Using weak opponents as a reason to dismiss it does not understand how difficult it is to beat even the worst NBA teams night in and nigh out.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

True

The Yao/McGrady Era is the epitome of injuried stars.

What a shame.